I go see my doc on monday

vickie O.
on 8/1/09 1:36 am - amarillo, TX
i will probably get my surgery date at that time.  i still want to lose another 10-15 pounds after the surgery, but i can't wait because my hernia is starting to bother me. i have been wearing this binder, because of the hernia, for over three months waiting for the surgery. he is going to do a tt at the same time.  i must admit i am really scared.  i have had 3 surgeries in 4 years and each time i have to have blood and am on oxygen for 3-5 days afterwards.  i'm afraid that one day i will have one surgery too many.  i know this sounds dumb, but that is how i feel.   anybody else ever feel this way?  then i read on here about all the complications and that scares me too.  i have given away all my too big clothes and now i'm afraid with all the swelling i will have to walk arough naked. lol.  thanks for listening, feedback is appreciated. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

oceanwave2
on 8/1/09 6:58 am - Clayton, NC
Don't worry to much about it vick.  Worrying just makes everything worse.  I will be praying that everything goes okay at your appointment.  Also express all your concerns to your surgeon, this might make you feel better.

Have an enjoyable weekend.

Jasmine
vickie O.
on 8/1/09 7:10 am - amarillo, TX
thanks, jasmine. vick

aaddison57
on 8/1/09 1:04 pm - Dawsonville, GA

Hang in there, you are going to do fine. I can relate to the nervousness over having to have surgery, when I have WLS in a couple of months and even though I've been through several major surgeries, it is always a bit scary. There are a lot of people rooting for you though, so you will be fine.

Tony 

vickie O.
on 8/1/09 1:07 pm - amarillo, TX
thanks for the support. vick

speicallady
on 8/1/09 9:55 pm - bronx, NY
Hello Mrs Vickie O
I have the same problem, Recurring hernia and intestine blockage.
in fact I always have surgery in two's.  last time I had my hernia repaired, two week later
I had a intestine blockage.  I am schedule for and component separation technique operating
Friday, and Have to wait until Tue to see if my thyroid is on level Tue.
Many people have asked me are you scared.  Well I want to think positive, and try to look at the whole picture (or rather the outcomes). 
if they say yes for Friday, I am going to Jump on that table.  but I am scared as well
but what drives me is my hernia hurts, it st opes me from doing what I need to do
on a daily basis, plus my pouch is sitting on my legs.  you will be OK.
I will probably cry Thursday night,, i have been waiting two and half years to get
this done, Joy, terror, worry, and many question that I am asking my self
(why am I doing this/)
just going to take one day at a time
take care of yourself, get your self ready for surgery and believe that positive things will happen.

take care

Deb
vickie O.
on 8/1/09 11:55 pm - amarillo, TX
Deb, i hope everything goes good on your thyroid so you can have your surgery at last.  i'm sorry you have been thru so much. all i have is a hernia, a big one, but just a hernia.  my other surgeries were on my knees and then my rny.  my thoughts will be with you and i will try and think positive for both of us.  take care and good luck. vick

Most Active