Cellulitis anyone?

Jupiter6
on 7/31/09 3:11 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm familiar what cellulitis looks like, and the red patch on my inner left elbow looks a lot like it.

Anyone have cellulitis post op? Can you describe what it looked or felt like?

We didn't see it originally, but I was taped up for three weeks. Now it's pretty apparent and while it isn't getting worse, it's not getting better either.

Also-- anyone swell so much they got stretch marks? My lower abdomen's super tight, red, shiny in spots, and getting all stretch-marky. Man, there's a lot of fluid in here.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melissa M.
on 7/31/09 3:34 pm - Seabrook, TX
PM'd you!
Kennedy12
on 8/1/09 10:59 am - Chicago, IL
I got it on my chest after a breast reduction. It was bright red, warm and itchy. I had healed enough to travel and was in Sedona at the time, so I called my surgeon who told me to go to the ER (I did have a fever too) and after an antibiotic, I was fine.

Hope this helps.

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

gaelicprincess
on 8/2/09 12:25 pm - Pensacola, FL
VSG on 04/17/09 with
I had it in when I had my TT last year.  Sometimes you will also have fever.  It can get nasty and dangerous if you wait too long to get antibiotics.  If I were you I would see your GP or go to an Urgent Care center tomorrow.  You are having a rough time with your recovery -- I'm so sorry. 

Jupiter6
on 8/2/09 12:36 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
It seems to be easing up, but i will hit urgent care first thing Tuesday if it doesn't. Thanks!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active