1 month post op TT/BR......pic & Q about stitches

Jessie-F
on 7/30/09 10:57 am
Hi guys,
Its been a month since my surgeries and things are finally getting a little better. My breast still don't feel comfortable, they are swollen and hurt if I move to much. The TT is fine, a bit lumpy but I think that will eventually settle. I also have swelling on top of the TT incision which gets puffier as the day wears on.
I have stitches that poke out, especially at the ends of the incisions, they are black colored. I'm not sure what to do with them. I also have clear stitches on my areola, can't remember the difference between both color stitches,help.
I'm not sure if they are spitting stitches because no liquid is coming out of the site, just the stitches.

1 Month post op:BR/TT

Photobucket

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

sanguinarythorn
on 7/30/09 11:57 am - Newport News, VA
First off, you look so cute! Your tummy looks amazing!

I had a BA with areolar incisions about 3 1/2 years ago. I don't remember having any stitches poking out. My surgeon used absorbable suters, and I don't think I actually ever saw them. I know with my TT incision, there are black dots on each end, which are the knots- usually you're not supposed to mess with those. If anyone takes them out, it should be your surgeon.
Jessie-F
on 7/30/09 1:03 pm
Thanks, and thanks. Yeah, I have little bumps at the ends of the incisions, but the "threads" stick out straight, no knot. If they become bothersome I'll call my surgeon, I have an appt. in 2 weeks.
Renee2007
on 7/30/09 1:11 pm - Central, FL
You look great, Jessie! Your tummy is nice and flat.

i am still very tender around my areola. It's almost like my body is fighting against the internal sutures. They just still feel raw. I've had a couple clear fishing line type sutures poke through but they crumbled as soon as I touched them. I'll just be so glad when the incisions aren't so darn tender.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Melissa M.
on 7/30/09 2:22 pm - Seabrook, TX
You look great!  I have itty bitty stitches poking through my areola too and I am starting to feel some along the incision line.  I have pulled a couple out with no problem.
Honeyblonde
on 7/30/09 9:50 pm - MN
Wow, wow, wow.  Fabulous!

The healing process takes awhile - patience my dear!

~ BJ

HW- 313  SW - 292   GW - 185  Current - 165

Cindy F.
on 7/31/09 2:02 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
You look great.  Sorry don't know about the stitches.  Because my surgery is not until October. 

But your tummy is nice and flat.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
brenda F.
on 8/1/09 3:10 pm - whitney, TX
 BEAUTIFUL 
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
speicallady
on 8/1/09 10:08 pm - bronx, NY
hi Jessie
you wonderful
absolutely wonderful

take care

Deb
Most Active