Inquiring mind wants to know

margaretgiberson
on 7/30/09 1:03 am - North Augusta, SC
I am 21 lbs. away from goal and am planning on plastic surgery.  I have had one consult.  Since this consult I now have a large, red rash under both arms- I will need arms and boobs along with tummy, thighs and butt.   Should I not get this documented with pictures?  Should I also go to a primary doc for treatment and get that documented?  I would like for Cigna to pay for this if possible.  Any suggestions? 
katiekat412
on 7/30/09 1:21 am
I don't know about Cigna, but go to your PCP ASAP and get documentation along with pictures. You'll kick yourself later if they require six months of documented rashes and you didn't start on day 1.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Jupiter6
on 7/30/09 1:30 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I agree with Katie. But understand that even with really bad skin issues (I have sores, boils, hydradenitis, weeping open skin lesions) that were documented, treated and photographed for years, letters from 2 surgeons , a dermatologist and a PCP, copies of prescriptions---they can still refuse you.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

inkerdoodles
on 7/30/09 9:08 am - Schenectady, NY
By all means.... Start documenting now.... I would also suggest calling your insurance company to speak with the medical review department. Request the requrirements in writing so you know what they will and will not pay for based on medical necessity and what those guidelines are. My carrier required 'antibiotic resistant' rashes. Now we all know that under our panni we get yeast infections which are typically not treated with antibiotics never the less antibiotic resistant... So basically they made it pretty much impossible for anyone to be covered.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active