gummy bear implants

Marine_Princess81
on 7/30/09 8:57 pm
Hi there,  i was just lurking around the PS site..
I'm no where near ready for Plastic's yet still a newbie to the whole pouch thing.Anyways i had read about gummy bear implants that a doctor in Cali does..Does anyone  have them or experince them? they are fairly new to the community of PS.. just wondering, i think when it comes time this might be my option
thanks
Annmarie
Mendee M.
on 7/31/09 12:16 pm - Mulvane, KS
Annmarie,

Glad you asked this as I too have been reading about them and am interested. From what I know, they have been around in Europe for a while but are just being introduced in the States. I am not sure if they are still a "clinical trial" or what, but I would love to have them. However, I am positive that no one in nowhere Wichita Kansas will be doing them anytime soon.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
jonelle32514
on 7/31/09 1:16 pm - Pensacola, FL
I am getting the gummy bears on Friday.  My PS gave me my owner's manual at my pre-op visit so I thought everyone that got silicone had gummy bears.  They are from mentor and are called gummy bears because if you slice them in half, they hold their shape, just like a gummy bear.  They also have to go in through the nipple area or the fold under the breast because they hold their shape.  I want to say they are the Mentor Memory Gel. I am not home right now so I can't grab my new manual LOL. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Mendee M.
on 7/31/09 3:49 pm - Mulvane, KS
Jonelle,

Are they still a clinical trial or have they been released for all PS's to use, do you know?
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
jonelle32514
on 8/1/09 10:26 am - Pensacola, FL
I *think* all PS can use them.  www.mentorcorp.com  has a list of surgeons that are using them.  There is a survey that you can participate in after getting the implants. 

287/113
5'10"

sweetbabi
on 8/3/09 3:52 am - Haines City, FL
Jonelle, I was curious if you would share wth me who your plastic surgeon will be. You can message me if you feel more comfortable that way. I have an appointment on the 12th with Dr. Frost since I'm trying to get Tricare to pay for it. TIA

jonelle32514
on 8/3/09 4:08 am - Pensacola, FL
I sent you a PM.  My Dr is Dr. Clark.  I hope tricare pays for something.  I did talk to Dr. Clark about tricare paying for something.  Dr. Nye said tricare won't pay for a tt because I don't meet their standards, BUT they may be able to pay for a hernia repair.  So I have to go back and see about a hernia lol.  I have a really small one that I didn't even know I had so maybe, just maybe I can get them to help with a tt.

287/113
5'10"

sweetbabi
on 8/4/09 1:32 pm - Haines City, FL
Thanks so much. I got your PM. I can't do it Thurs, but I will keep him in mind after I talk to Dr. Frost next Wed.  :)  Good luck with your surgery.

Marine_Princess81
on 8/1/09 12:30 am
thanks for the info, i had done reading about them, and like i said there was one doctor that i knew of in Cali that did them.. i saw before and afters.. i rather have them due to the shape..i  don't want huge water balloons or basketball looking implants. i'm not say all look that way but i would like natural and this offer that look..
keep me updated on your progress, i'm only 7 months out so i'm not ready yet, plus we are moving to japan at the end of the month so i'm sooooooooooo not ready for them..
was the cost about the same.. i love it they come  an owners manual...
take care
Annmarie
tazfan
on 8/1/09 1:15 pm
These are available I think to all Plastic Surgeons.  I had them implated 15 months ago and am thrilled with my results.  They are natural looking and feeling, I love them.
Most Active