Surgery Scheduled

Susan Hegarty
on 7/29/09 11:10 am - Easton, PA
My surgery is officially scheduled for Monday 8/10.  I am having hip and thigh lift as well as abdominalplasty.  I can't believe that I can go home the same day.  Can anyone share their pain level after surgery.  I can't see sitting in a car for 90 minutes, yikes!
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Jupiter6
on 7/29/09 12:41 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Don't worry about that day-- they'll pump you full of good stuff--- but hey-- I wouldn't want to be that far from your surgeon-- could you stay somewhere closer for a few days? Sitting in that position's really potentially dangerous-- you could throw a clot, and every bump in the road's gonna knock you on your keester.

If you have the option of a hospital stay, I'd take it.

Post op, my pain was...say...an 11. Out of 10. I did not have a pain pump and had to ditch narcotics in a few days because they were causing me headaches.

You're going to lose a LOT of mass, as I did. That's extensive and painful surgery. Make sure you have round the clock assistance-- your mobility is going to be very compromised, with no legs or abdomen. Take care!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Susan Hegarty
on 7/29/09 10:46 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks for the info You mentioned losing a lot fo mass.  I was unsure after reading through some posts last night as some were saying that their clothes fit tighter after the surgery then before, which confused me tremendously.  I can't see having all the skin and fat deposits removed, and not going down a couple of sizes?  How much mass did you lose?I am hoping that all the exercise I have been doing for the past year will help in my recovery  
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Jupiter6
on 7/30/09 1:22 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Exercise will help, but you can't use your stomach or legs. Try today, just for fun, getting out of a chair without using either-- and remember that your arms are connected to your core as well-- you'll see what I mean. You're going to have a hell of a time moving. That's the nature of multiple procedures.

You will likely NOT go down sizes initially. I lost probably about 12 pounds of skin (doesn't sound like much, but it was-- skin weighs less than you'd think) and still cannot fit into my pre-op pants, because the swelling's extensive. Initially, the scale actually showed I had GAINED 4 pounds, even though I left 10- 12 pounds on the OR floor--- because I was holding 14 pounds of fluid! Couldn't get into my compression garment.

At a month + out, I still can't wear my pre-op pants.

Swelling happens, and takes months to really dissipate.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/09 9:30 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats.........how exciting!

Take the pain meds as scheduled and you'll be fine!!!  FYI - I had a 2 drive home after my procedure....I slept almost the whole way home.
Most Active