2 days post arm revision

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/09 12:11 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
At long last I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.........
I had my arm revision done on Monday.  I was disappointed that the surgeon decided to only do aggressive lipo on the arms and not remove the excess skin but I gotta tell ya when he unwrapped them today I was pretty happyThey look much smaller!!! 

The arms are very swollen right now and still they look so much smaller.  When the swelling goes down in about 4-6 weeks he said he'd remove the excess saggy skin..........this will also move the scar lower down which also makes me happy.  Sooooo for the first time since I had the original brachioplasty in March, I can honestly say I think I'll be happy with the final results.  I just never thought it would take 3 procedures!!

Now I can start focusing on getting my LBL scheduled.

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  

Thanks to all my friends here who have supported and encouraged me during the last 4 months....

Ruth

Redhaired
on 7/29/09 2:14 pm - Mouseville, FL
That is great news Ruth.  I am happy it went well with your arms.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 1:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Red!!
DEBI R.
on 7/29/09 6:18 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Your arms look great Ruth, I'm happy for you.

Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 1:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Debi!
Thanks for all your support and encouragement with this too!!!

Ruth
FLGail
on 7/29/09 9:20 pm - Sun City, AZ
Ruth, What surgeon did you end up using? I remember you were trying to find one. Glad to hear you sound like you will be finally happy with your arms.   Gail
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 1:02 am, edited 7/30/09 1:38 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Gail,

Yep, finally feeling like I'll be happy.   
cleos_mom
on 7/29/09 11:44 pm - phila., PA
WOW Ruth

they look great can't wait to see what they look like when you are not swollen any more.
Does Lipo hurt?
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 1:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Susan,
I'm sore from the lipo but not in major pain.  Of course I did not feel it being done because I was under anesthesia.  I'm not sure if I would want it done in an office while I'm awake...that might be too rough!  The arms are very swollen, so is my left hand.  The arms are very sensitive, can't rest them on a table...OUCH....it feels like super sore muscles aching.
If asked would I do it again........YES, ABSOLUTELY!

The biggest pain is having the ACE bandages wrapped from wrist to shoulder and then a compression sleeve over the bandages....it's tight and warm.

FYI - When I had lipo on my outer thighs it didn't hurt.....I was a little sore for a couple days.
happy girl
on 7/30/09 12:09 am
congratulations Ruth! 

Yes, now onto your LBL

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active