Laser treatments for veins

katrn05
on 7/29/09 4:00 am - Troy, MI
Has anyone had sclerotherapy or had their veins lasered? I have a huge nasty looking vein on my calf and want to get it "taken care of'.

DEBI R.
on 7/29/09 6:24 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm interested in hearing what others have to say, I also have a large bulging vein on my calf and need to have it removed.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

huskerfan85
on 7/29/09 10:50 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I laser ablation and a bulging vein removed.  I had to have my veins killed as the valves were not working properly and blood was leaking out and could have easily formed a clot.  It was realtively painless except for the support hose in 100 degree weather...lol...

I had it done a year ago and have not had any problems at all.  I don't thing the procedure you are talking about is the same as mine though.  Had one leg done one week, and a week later the second.  

Gayle  6'2" 

sablouwho
on 7/30/09 1:26 am - La La Land, CA
I have had some small spider veins injected (sclerotherapy). The veins are slowly closing up--they looked like bruises at first (bluish) but now they have turned a bit more tan in color. It takes a while for them to completely go away, apparently.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

BigCityGirl
on 7/30/09 2:47 am - San Diego, CA
I have not had any of this done since fortunately I have neither problem, yet.  I have a friend who had her spider veins lasered and they looked good for a while but they returned a few years later and she's had it done again - she likes to wear shorts and shorter skirts.

My aunt had her vericose veins done - I'm not sure what the process involved but the insurance covered it as medically necessary.  If I had vericose veins I would definitely look into getting them done.  The spider veins - since insurance doesn't cover and they problem returns I'm not sure I'd have them done.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
katrn05
on 7/30/09 5:27 am - Troy, MI
Thanks for the replies.

Most Active