I'm having bad twitches in my legs now.

wendybear1
on 7/28/09 3:48 pm - Brooklyn, NY
They hurt. BAD. I have to take my prescription pain meds because of them. Literally, my legs will jump and hurt sooo badly at times that I cry out in pain. Happened yesterday driving my son home from school.

Is there any releif from this other than pain meds until it stops?

vickie O.
on 7/29/09 12:11 am - amarillo, TX
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU TO DO, I JUST HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER. VICK

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Jupiter6
on 7/29/09 2:38 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm in the same boat with my inner arms-- I do feel a little more comfortable with some dry heat-- like a heating pad, while I am sitting. Otherwise, I think we just have to let it suck, Wenz. :(

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

wendybear1
on 7/29/09 4:43 am - Brooklyn, NY
The doctor said today that my pain is partially of my own doing. I've been doing too much. Sitting too long, shopping for food, etc. I just can't do much right now, and it sucks!

He did at least say the fat necrosis is looking a bit better, and that I'll probably need a bit of touch up work in about six months or so. Yuck.

2kristie
on 7/31/09 3:22 am - , MO
i was going to reply to this a few days ago but ran out of time...so, of course, if you are in that much pain you would want to tell your doctor.  BUT, I would recommend some calcium and magnesium and vitamin E...they all work together.  If you are talking muscle cramps or the crawling legs like restless leg syndrome, this is extremely helpful, I know first hand.  However, I am not a doctor so do what you are comfortable w/.  I have had restless legs after all my surgeries over the years and sometimes when I get really stressed and I would get cramps in my calves and as long as I have my cal/mag regularly and makes sure I am getting all my vitamins (multi-vitamins) I would be fine. 

It is worth a try and cant hurt anything, relatively cheap fix too...
wendybear1
on 8/1/09 7:16 am - Brooklyn, NY
I already supplement heavily on those.

Most Active