information on panni removal and abnoplasty

RainSpirit
on 7/28/09 2:21 pm, edited 7/30/09 1:43 pm - Martinsville, IL
I am getting ready for a panni removal and abnoplasty with Dr Charles HughesIII in Indianapolis. Has anyone else had him and what is it like to have this done? Problems? How do you sleep as I see most are in recliners. Also how long is it to heal? I am in a wheelchair due to polio but have lost 215 lbs and am excited about my upcoming procedures. 6 mo after this I get a breast reduction and lift. Oh, I am about 160 now. Thank you, Rain Spirit

"Baby the rain must fall"

dec721
on 7/28/09 9:22 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi Rain!  I had a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast reduction in 2003, and it was one of the best things I've ever done for myself.  The tummy tuck part of it was really painful the first time I tried to get out of bed, but every time I got up it was easier.  But other people don't find it that painful, so it isn't a consistent thing, but pain or not, it was SOOOO worth it!  And I didn't have any real pain with the breast reduction, but other people find it a little painful.  Go figure :-)

I slept in my bed, no problem, but the recliner is always an option.  It took quite a while to heal completely, but I was back at work as a church organist a month later.  Three or four weeks of down time ought to be enough for you to be good enough to get back in the swing.

You have done fabulously with your weight loss!  Congratulations!  And best wishes on your upcoming surgery.  You will do just great!            --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

dawnspaints
on 7/29/09 3:49 am - Carlyle, IL
What did you have to do to get the insurance to approve it? also when did you have your surgery? I need to get all the same things done, but insurance denied me til I loose 50 more and I am at a standstill. I appretiate any help.
dawnspaints
on 7/29/09 3:50 am - Carlyle, IL
Also did you have issues with the skin on your neck?
RainSpirit
on 7/29/09 2:13 pm - Martinsville, IL
 Hello, I have not had my surgery yet.. it is coming up real soon.. my  insurance did not approve the panniculectomy,, just the hernia repair and abnoplasty.  We have topay for the panniculectomy but I need it badly. I had polio and have been in a power wheelchair for 12 years. Since losing my weight I can stand and walwith assistance of a walker and my hubby but only for a short time as the excess skin pulls me forward and off balance. I am supposed to get my surgery date this week.. and yes I have the bat wings ,the skin on my backside , thighs and my face and neck. I am hoping one day to address those issues but right now my goal is to walk .. even for a short distance. I wish you much success in your weight loss and your endeavor to get the surgeries you need. I am also from Illinois.. hellllllllllllllllo!! **smiles** Rain Spirit

"Baby the rain must fall"

dawnspaints
on 7/30/09 7:06 am - Carlyle, IL

That is cool that you are from IL. My energy level is really great and the single guys I meet my age, they just act old. Dating is no fun in IL, hard to find a descend man. LOL Did you have to pay cash for you surgery or will they let you pay later. Thanks so much for answering. 

Most Active