Wow, LBL is at 6 AM tomorrow!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 2:02 pm
Thank you so much!
Wendy_Canada
on 7/28/09 1:14 pm - Canada
Best Wishes for your recovery .  I am so excited for you that you are doing all this for Yourself.
My daughter gave me the how she thought i was crazy.   We raised two children, put the one through university,paid her rent while doing so and helped pay for her wedding last year and now its moms turn.  Congratulations on the new YOU

Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 2:03 pm
Thank you Wendy!  Come to think of it, I've got two kids in college, struggled to get them just through high school, and two younger ones.  Three kids have various special needs -- I guess that if I do something great for myself, that's not a terrible thing LOL

wendybear1
on 7/28/09 3:45 pm - Brooklyn, NY
You totally deserve to do something good for yourself. You hae done well with the kiddos, now you need to take care of the mama.

Melissa M.
on 7/28/09 2:43 pm - Seabrook, TX

You know some people just won't ever get it.  Teenagers or not.  Unless they walk in our shoes or have similar experiences, it's hard for people to understand.  That's part of the reason I hardly told anyone.  I figured the less negative feedback, the better.  Of course, that's hard to do when your immediate family isn't supportive.  I think he'll see how much better you will feel about yourself once it's all said and done.    It's time to take care of you!

I loved the artist/sharpie comment!  That is so true.  I went into surgery all marked up and didn't have a trace of sharpie when I came out.  It's like it magically disappeared (or got cut off anyway)!

Good luck to you,
Melissa

wendybear1
on 7/28/09 3:44 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I still have traces of sharpie from my surgery on July 3! Nearly a month later! I wear my black ink with happiness, though. I get those areas fixed, too, in one week!

wendybear1
on 7/28/09 3:43 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Geez. Teenagers can suck sometimes. Sometimes they seem down right insightful, other times be total jerks. I'm sorry your is having a jerk kinda time with this.

You ARE doing something important for you (thankfully, my son is 8 and seems to get that I need to be fixed to feel better). I'm excited for you! You'll do great! 6 am is early! I am a bit surprised that anyone in the state of CA who doesn't teach is up that early!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 4:35 pm
Okay, you made me LOL for real with the teaching comment. 

Thank you for all your beautiful and supportive thoughts, Wendy!
wendybear1
on 7/28/09 5:14 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Yaay! You do know that you'll be fine, right?

I'm thinking of you. As I preare for round 3 (which I do hope is the last).

speicallady
on 7/28/09 8:19 pm - bronx, NY
hello
I am wishing you a fast recovery
take your time, and rest

Debra
Most Active