Wow, LBL is at 6 AM tomorrow!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 4:12 am
That's it, folks!  If you connect with a higher source -- please keep me in mind as I'm anxious about my LBL --

I want to thank all the generous-spirited people on this message board who posted about their thoughts and experiences here, and who thoughtfully responded to my questions.

So far, here is what I have learned that I can share --

1)  Waxing "everything" is not nearly as exotic or exciting as it's made out to be.   I never did it before, and I plan on never, EVER doing it again, EVER, for any reason at all, whatsoever.

2)  When the doctor marks your body for surgery, he really does use a plain old Sharpie.  

3)  Plastic surgeons are brilliant aestheticians, and artists in their own right.  Unless they are using a Sharpie. 

On an icky note, my 18 YO son sent me an email, about three pages long, whi*****luded the following: 

"I am shocked, embarrassed, and
ashamed of what you are doing.  If there is a lesson to be taught to
your children from this experience, it seems that lesson would be that
it is ok to cheat and get what you want if you have the money or
connections.  Your life was and is in no imminent danger.  Not only
could you have done this the RIGHT way, YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE.  You
are milking money from your insurance which you get from your job."

I'm trying to take that one in my stride, but it makes me a little sad.  I know teenagers, since they're my bread-and-butter, and I know also how dramatic and full of indignation they are -- but jeez!  (Though on a lighter note, this is probably the most writing he's done in years, and it was more or less grammatically correct.)

So, y'all keep me in mind!  I'll report back some time next week when I come out of anaesthesia and recognize keyboards again.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and your support!

Chris D
on 7/28/09 5:03 am - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
My 19 yr old son gave me the "cheated" line as well.  I took a min and then BLASTED HIS BUTT!!!  He is 190 lbs of solid hockey playing muscle and has no idea how hard it has been for me over the yrs to lose weight and then gain it back.  I told him that what I have done is not the easy way out and if he would like to walk in my shoes and eat what I do, then he is more than welcome.  I also politely reminded him that his 10 lbs+ baby weight was a large reason why I am the way I am today, all stretched out and nasty.  He thought about it for a moment and then apologized.  He really is a sweetheart, but I think he just had a moment of jealousy and decided to vocalize it.  I hope your son realize the same. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 1:56 pm
Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone wiht the teenage issues.  I don't have the heart to "blast his butt" because frankly I'm just horrified.  I don't even think I can have a conversation with him about thsi anymore.  I try to blow off teenage crap, but he has provided more than his share, and I'm just so totally done with explaining and negotiating.

I am really looking forward to getting this done -- My goodness, this has been a seven year journey for me, and I can hardly wait!
Honeyblonde
on 7/28/09 6:00 am - MN
I'll be thinking about you and I'm sure everything will go just fine!!!

I didn't have to wax - at least down there.

When the Dr. marked me up with the Sharpie, he said, "It'll wear off ............... in time".

Take the message from your son in stride - obviously he JUST doesn't get it.  Hopefully, when he sees how happy you are, he will.  If not, he'll get over it!!

Take care, good luck and keep those of us who GET IT, posted!   And, keep that GREAT sense of humor!

~  BJ

HW- 313  SW - 292   GW - 185  Current - 165

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 1:58 pm
Oh, those Sharpie lines, yikes!  I look like I've been tattooed by Mondrian!

DS Facts
on 7/28/09 8:31 am
All the best with your surgery, I'll be looking for updates. As for your son, to me his message just shows his age. All of us who have been there or are going there, we get it. This is a wonderful thing you are doing for yourself and that's all that matters. As women we tend to do so little for ourselves.

Bev
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 2:01 pm
Bev, thank you so much for the support, it is truly appreciated.  I know he's just showing his age,  I hate to think of some of the things I wrote to my mom when I was a teenager.  And they were always long typed letters, too! 

You know, my own 84-year-old mother pointed out that thsi is an impotant thing that I'm doing for myself, and called to offer encouragement.  She said what you said -- as women we tend to do very little for ourselves -- and I felt much better.
Renee2007
on 7/28/09 11:33 am - Central, FL
Best of luck to you. I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. I look forward to your updates.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 2:01 pm
Thank you for the good thoughts -- I look forward to posting good news!
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 12:26 pm
Best of luck to you, wishing you an uneventful surgery & speedy recovery!
Most Active