Plastic in Mex are complications covered in USA?

valjuan16
on 7/28/09 4:09 am - PASADENA, CA
Does anyone know if you have plastic surgery done in the Mexico and complications arise, will you be able to find a doctor to help you here in the good old USA?  I have blueshield hmo in California?

Val
God is good all the time!!

Gastric Bypass Dr. Troy La Mar  03/12/08
Anchor Cut,  Extended Tummy Tuck  Dr. Pearlman D. Hicks 12/17/10
Starting weight 265, Goal Weight 130, Current Weight 145.
Diane B.
on 7/28/09 8:10 am - Seymour, CT
Not sure about the insurance coverage issue, but before I went to Mexico, I asked my Dr. if she would support me if I had any complications upon my return and she agreed.  If I developed an infection and needed antibiotics I assume she would just bill it as it is, an infection which needed treatment.  Not sure if the insurance company would need to know why.  If I developed severe complications, I would go to my local ER to be treated.  Bottom line, check with your pcp first, also your insurance co for any exclusions.  Good luck to you!

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

jan R.
on 7/28/09 10:02 am - PA
Hello....  Well I have had many rounds of plastic surgery in Mexico and have had my fair share of complications!  Mine have all been treated and taken care of by my PCP and general surgeon here in the states and my insurance has covered it all!!  I did have on severe complication that required 5 months of Home Health IV's, I picked up a severe antibiotic resistant staff infection a month after my breast lift......(the docs think I may have picked it up doing bandage changed in the airport bathrooms on my way home)  Not recomended by the way...LOL
I went thru 7 months of hell due to that infection, and thankfully my insurance did not question a thing....it even paid for my implant to be removed...
would not pay for it to be replaced (the doctor did that for free)  he felt bad for me......
good luck in your journey......
jan

ps...I have one of the worst health insurances also...It is a state funded for low income and does not even cover prescriptions and it paid for all my complications
valjuan16
on 7/28/09 4:28 pm - PASADENA, CA
Thank you for your response.  I wish you well Jan.

Lynette N.
on 7/28/09 10:14 am - LA
I don't know about Mexico.  Read your policy very close.  Mine would not cover plastics unless it was reconstructive and would NOT cover WLS for any reason.  BUT they will cover complications afterwards.  Luckily, I did not have complications but it was nice to know.
Lyn
valjuan16
on 7/28/09 4:29 pm - PASADENA, CA
Thank you for your response. Congradulations on your success.

Most Active