Am I just being impatient?

Chris D
on 7/28/09 3:42 am - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I had RNY in Oct 2008.  I have lost approximately 110 lbs.  I am sitting at 173 lbs at the moment.  My original goal was 150 lbs but I think that will be to low for my frame, so I adjusted that to 160 lbs.  I have sent pics to a few surgeons and they have all come back saying that my weight right now is about perfect for my frame and to give them something to work with for plastics.  Ok, so that is the history, now I am looking at booking the surgery by the end of the yr.  I'd like opinions, please... am I being impatient? 

sanguinarythorn
on 7/28/09 4:36 am - Newport News, VA
 You sound just like me, almost exactly. I lost 105-110 lbs, with a goal of 150, but got happy with 160. The BMI charts show that I should be 140-150, but for my frame, I would look anorexic (I'm 5'9). Right now, I'm at 177 and I look pretty normal/average. My surgeon said I don't really need to lose anymore weight, but that I was a good candidate for a tummy tuck because of the skin. I don't think you're impatient.... I would totally get a consult.
Laurie D.
on 7/28/09 5:54 am - Victoria BC, Canada
I think you look GREAT and no I don't think you are being impatient. I think you may have it in your head that, that was the goal you had set for yourself but, it's ok to be 173. Remember, with loosing some of the skin you are hoping to get rid of, could bring you to your goal weight!

You look fabulous, celebrate and book your surgery girlfriend!

start - 262lbs - current - 220lbs -
current inches lost (overall) 60 and Feeling great!
goal = 160lbs 

sweetbabi
on 7/28/09 7:01 am - Haines City, FL
I don't think you are being impatient. I had my RNY in Nov 2008. I am looking at dec/jan for my tummy tuck (if I can get ins to pay for it). I've lost 90 lbs and only have 14 left to be where I want to be. I'm trying to get a breast reduction/lift next month or the month after.

Mendee M.
on 7/28/09 12:14 pm - Mulvane, KS
If your impatient, we are ALL impatient!!  I had my RNY in Nov. 08 and am looking at springtime for my plastics (have to wait due to job).  I am also down about 110 and also adjusted my goal. I am wearing a size 6 and am 5'6" so I think 155 is a good weight for me. Plus I know I will lose a few pounds with plastics. I say GO FOR IT!!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
dmoore1162
on 7/28/09 10:36 pm

check with your insurance company.  The medical critera may dictate how long you have to wait.  Mine said enough time had to elapse to ensure maximum weight loss and stability - usually 18 months.  Insurance may not pay if you go too soon.  This is for the abdominalplasty.  If you are selft pay for anything else - go for it.  If the surgeon will do it.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Chris D
on 7/28/09 10:42 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I am in Canada and insurance won't touch plastic surgery.  I am self pay all the way

finallyme
on 7/29/09 3:55 pm - Canada
Well, I say you are TOTALLY perfect at your current weight and should GO FOR IT! I know being heavier then MY goal weight  made me wonder if I would love the results and I came out on the other side HAPPY...would I love to be a size 6 YES...am I EVER going to be a size 6 NOPE! I am a curvy girl and am always going to be a 10+ size...hips and my new breasts balance me. I think Santa should bring you a new body for Christmas...and a cute helper elf in Mexico *wink*...GO FOR IT my friend - NO REGRETS!
Most Active