tummy tuck

Queenie63
on 7/28/09 3:54 am
Has anyone had a tummy tuck without having the muscles cut or fixed?  If so, how long were you out of work, how much discomfort were you in and were you happy with the results.

My plastic surgeon says my muscles are tight and ok and he would not need to tighten them. 

Thanks
sanguinarythorn
on 7/28/09 4:32 am - Newport News, VA
 Everyone recovers at different rates depending on health, age, weight etc. Regardless whether you're having muscle tightening done or not, you're still going through major surgery, and it's painful nonetheless.

That being said, the most painful part of the surgery for me was the muscle tightening, and I was still back to work (part time) by 1 week. I was right on schedule and back to work full time in 13 days. You might not have as painful as a recovery without the muscle tightening, but I still wouldn't expect being back to work (full time)  for 2 or more weeks. 
Queenie63
on 7/28/09 5:43 am
Thanks, the doc said that I would go home with a pain pump that was for numbing.  He seemed to think that this helped the pain quite a bit and made it reasonably tolerable.  Did you have anything like this?
sanguinarythorn
on 7/28/09 6:00 am - Newport News, VA
 No, but I've heard of it before. I went home with a  prescription for percocet, and at my 1 week checkup, they gave me another prescription for vicodin. The percocet seemed to manage the pain pretty well. I know this is silly, but the day after surgery was opening night for Harry Potter, and I wanted to see it so bad, so I rented a wheel chair and had my hubby wheel me in for a premier showing. I popped a percocet before I went, and I was pretty comfortable for the entire movie. 
Queenie63
on 7/28/09 7:19 am
I love it.  It is something that I would do also. 

Are you happy withthe results and would you do it again?
sanguinarythorn
on 7/28/09 10:25 am - Newport News, VA
In a heart beat! This journey has been the best thing I could've done for myself. It's worth it every way I can think of.
sanguinarythorn
on 7/28/09 10:25 am - Newport News, VA
In a heart beat! This journey has been the best thing I could've done for myself. It's worth it every way I can think of.
Melissa M.
on 7/28/09 2:53 pm - Seabrook, TX
If you're not having the muscle tightening then you are not having the full tummy tuck, just a pannilectomy.  From what I've seen on this site from folks who just had their pannis removed, it's not nearly as painful as the muscle tightening.  That is where most  of the discomfort comes from.  I had a pain pump with m lower body lift and I think it helped quite a bit.  Of course you can't compare it to not having one, know what I mean?  Having a flat tummy is amazing.  I would do it again in a heartbeat, even with all the pain!  It is so worth it.
Queenie63
on 7/28/09 11:50 pm
Thank you - you are reaffirming what the doc said.  He said that my muscles are good enough and should not have to be tightened - thank goodness all that exercise finally paid off. 

I am happy for you and think I would love to have a flat tummy.  It has been so long I don't know what it would be or look like but an anxious to find out. 
Most Active