Need help knowing where to start.

chianostar
on 7/27/09 9:13 am - Topeka, KS
I am 6 months post op and interested in surgery for breast lift and tummy tuck. I have heard that insurance may pay for the tummy tuck part. I have federal bcbs does anyone have this insurance and has it covered any that you know of?

Also when should I start looking at surgery how far post op?

Thanks,
Leslie

dmoore1162
on 7/27/09 11:26 am

The first thing you should do is check with your insurance company to find out what the critera is.  They may have a time frame.  Mine was 100+ lbs and enough time to show maximum weight loss and stability - usually 18 months.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

MyQnA
on 7/27/09 8:51 pm
It doesn't hurt to start researching but, and this is a big BUT you are only 6 months out.  I am two years out.  I have never stalled and I thought I was about done with any real weight loss.  However in the first month after my plastics I lost enough weight to cause my breasts to shift and will without question need another surgery if I wish to correct it. 

So, if you have maintained the weight and you are confident you will not lose anymore by all means do what makes you happy.  It is just my personal experience that it is best to wait for your body to stop the rapid loss and stabilize a bit.  Everyone's body is different.

As for the insurance most will only pay for a panni removal not the classic tummy tuck.  If you are having skin issues now is the time to start having them documented by your doctor and continue to have them documented, it will help you when you do decide to have surgery.

Good Luck!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Alice H.
on 7/28/09 3:07 am - Winterville, NC
My surgeon (RNY) recommends waiting 18-24 months and until weight is stable.  I have a PS consult coming up in about 6 weeks.  IF I have anything done, I'll wait until I've hit the 2 year post-op mark.

Good luck!  Alice
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
cosmofunnygrl
on 7/29/09 2:16 am - Topeka , KS
we are in the same boat girl....i just went to the dr today and am beginning to look into it as well.  When we going to do lunch lady......i sent you email but you never reply to me....
Most Active