The choices are endless...what type of shapewear do you wear??

Melissa M.
on 7/26/09 2:53 pm, edited 7/26/09 3:08 pm - Seabrook, TX
I went to Kohl's the other day and I swear I tried every darn shapewear there was.  I must have spent an hour in the dressing room taking my time trying those things on.  Some were more trouble to get on than I'd like.  I am almost 6 weeks out and need something to wear under my clothes as I still have lots of swelling.  My compression garment has gotten a little big so I need something with more support.  I originally bought a firm support type a couple of weeks ago that goes up to under the breast without the thigh support since I couldn't wear shorts with the ones that had thigh support.  The only thing is that it's a firm control and my back fat pops out the top!  Not very attractive to wear under tops. I didn't care at first since I wasn't working.  So I ventured out again to target and Kohls on a different shapeware expedition to look for something that helped hide my back fat.  I tell you between finding something to hide the fat in the back then fit the breast in the front and being able to get it up without passing out is one heck of a chore! LOL

Anyhow, this is what I found at Target.  Here is Kohl's version of what Target had.  It's almost like wearing a binder but helps with the bra roll in the back and sides. I can wear this with dresses and not worry about going to the bathroom.  Very firm control.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/brandswomen/flexee s/PRD~353667/Flexees+Ultimate+Instant+Slimmer+Torsette.jsp

I also bought this one which is a lite control and l can wear my own bra with it too.  The thigh support is really light and soft.  I've noticed with my flat tummy that the bulges in my upper thigh show through certain pants so this helps that area too.  It's got a semi open area in the crotch but not quite sure how I'm gonna manage going to the bathroom without taking it off.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/brandswomen/flexee s/PRD~344274/Flexees+Unitard.jsp

Anyhow, I was wondering what type of garment did you wear after your initial compression garment or binder?  Did you wear the lite control or firm control?  Knee length or regular? 

Thanks,
Melissa
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 9:12 pm
Hey there!

I wear Dr. Rey's shapewear - you can buy it at sears.  I wear the highwaist brief - LOVE them!  I have been wearing them since my sugery last year - it's firm control without strangling you and it smooths the back rolls out nicely.  

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Melissa M.
on 7/27/09 2:49 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'll have to swing by Sears and check those out.  I went by JCPenney and they had the flexees as well but not much of anything else.  I'm all about smoothing out my back rolls until I get my arms and side boobs taken care of !
Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 12:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Melissa.....I wore waist cinchers ( I got them at Walmart ).   I wore the kind that has the hooks and eyes down the front.    Now I wear camis and the panty girdles that go up under the breasts bought a Kohls....the ones that I love are called Control It !!!   Now....I still have the "spillage" coming over the top of it as we all do unless we have had the surgery to remove that skin from us.    The waist cinchers I wore for about a yr. post op LBL.   Good luck to you !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Melissa M.
on 7/27/09 2:51 pm - Seabrook, TX
I've never been a girdle type person so I can't imagine wearing one for a year! LOL  I think if I can find the right support I'll be able to wear them longer.

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 10:11 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Melissa.....the waist cinchers aren't like a girdle nor are the cami shapewear that I wear.    The waist cinchers will feel good to you being newly post op PS.    Like a binder just not as thick or hot.   Also the shapewear that I wear are NOT like a girdle at all.   Are you going to the OH Conference in Dallas in Sept???   If so find me and I will show you what I wear.    Also I think I have seen you on the TMB.   If you want to go to the conference and want a mega discount price.....let me know.   Since I am a OH Support Group leader I can get you a huge discount to the conference.   Good luck !!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Jessie-F
on 7/27/09 12:27 am
Melissa,
Thanks so much for posting those links. I didn't know that Khols had so many selections. I have one more week of binder wearing so I was wondering what to wear as well. I have a love/hate relationship with my binder but I think I'll be ready next week to give it up.
I wear a SPANX slimcognito camisole (removed the underwires because of the BR) underneath the binder for extra support. I think I can wear the SPANX slimcognito high waisted underwear on top of the camisole w/o the binder and create a double layer in the mid section.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Melissa M.
on 7/28/09 2:29 am - Seabrook, TX
I heard someone else on here do the double shapewear thing.  It's over a 100 degrees here so not sure if I could do that.  I wore one of my new ones yesterday for the first time and when I took it off the swelling wasn't as bad as it had been (still there no less).  It definitely has more compression than the one I got from the hospital.  That one was fine for right after surgery though.
vickie O.
on 7/27/09 3:05 am - amarillo, TX

homerecovery.com  sales compression body suits, you can get above or below knee.  they are about 75.00.  maybe that willl help some of you. they have lots of different types of stuff. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

workingmommy
on 7/27/09 3:41 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Ooohh..great post!  I have been going around with this as well.  I ordered a TC Fine high waist brief.  Loved it ...EXCEPT..I didn't realize how much I wanted an open crotch.  That thing fit so snug (but comfy) that I knew when I go back to work there would be no way I could get it down over my "still needed a thigh lift" thighs by myself.  I also ordered another one..I think lipo in a box..which I will probably return because I don't think there is a crotch opening.  So, then I was on the Marena site because I wanted a compression garment for my arms, and lo and behold, they have a high waisted brief that has a hook and eye crotch flap!  woohoo...I ordered the postnatal brief because my PS wanted me to buy something that had a front panel and that was the only one they had.  They are a bit more expensive, but I figure it is worth it after all!  I should get it in a couple of days so I will let you know!  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active