Just wondering if you wear it all the time???

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/26/09 1:32 pm - Springfield, MA
I am talking about this binder; I only take it off to shower and put it back on.  It is really bad; I feel so uncomfrtable; the heat; humidity etc.  is awful.  I am seeing my plastic surgeon next month and hope she will give me the ok to take it off for good.  I am three weeks out. 

How long do you have to wear yours? (per surgeon's recommendation) Do you wear it all the time?

Thanks.

Cecie
cleos_mom
on 7/26/09 1:46 pm - phila., PA
I wore my binder 24/7 except to shower. He told me to wear it about 6 weeks but I wore it for about 5 months.
Jupiter6
on 7/26/09 2:26 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I only wear a binder or compression garments when I feel the need-- and those are my doc's instructions :"Wear them only if or when you feel the need."

The binder helped for about 2 weeks, and the custom compression garment for the abdomen is just now starting to fit at a month out so I will try it while I am out and about-- otherwise I wear snug shapewear instead.

I never wear the arm garment-- doesn't seem to help-- in fact it's rather restrictive and painful.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Mimi N. Y.
on 7/26/09 11:52 pm - New York, NY
Hi!  Regarding the arm garment, I read a tip on the board where a guy used support hose as arm garments, maybe they could help?
Jupiter6
on 7/27/09 4:50 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Thought of that, but my arms are too small for compression stockings at this point, so the best way to get compression is to wrap them from the wrists up so the fliud starts moving back the other way. (Plus real compression stockings cost about $60 a pair-- I have several pair but am not allowed more this year per my ins.)

I really don't need 'em, generally speaking. My one arm is painfully sore at the elbow but compressining it only seems to make that worse. Compressive massage seems to help though.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melissa M.
on 7/26/09 3:18 pm - Seabrook, TX
My dr wants me to wear mine for 6 weeks and basically only take it off for about an hour a day or when I shower.  He said I don't have to wear it after that but only if I feel I need it.  At this point I still have swelling so I bought some flexees to wear to help with that.  I don't like them either, but I'll do anything to help get rid of this darn swelling!
PamT
on 7/26/09 4:14 pm - Downey, CA
7 weeks out from my TT and my instructions are STILL to wear it all the time. I only take it off to shower. Of course I do still have problems with the swelling and one spot draining, so perhaps I need it longer than others might.

PamT
dmoore1162
on 7/26/09 11:52 pm
I wear mine 24/7 except to shower.  My doctor wants me to wear it for 3 months - 5 weeks down - 7 to go. 
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Jessie-F
on 7/27/09 12:36 am
Hi Celines,
My Dr. said 5 weeks (1 more week to go!) . I take it off to shower but I prolong that a bit. When I remove it my skin tingles all over like bugs crawling. My belly is still swollen, especially above the incision line. I'll probably wear SPANX afterwards, although my binder gives me some kind of security, I could do w/o the extra bulk under my clothes though!!

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

workingmommy
on 7/27/09 3:44 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
My PS said at 6 weeks I could swich to very supportive shapewear.  I am almost 7 weeks now, and I still wear the binder around the house, and the shapewear if I go out.  I still have so much swelling and I do like the support it gives.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active