face lift - when?

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/26/09 7:42 am
how long after losing weight before you know if anything is going to firm up or if this saggy face is it?

and does chewing gum help?

signed,

Jowls

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

BigCityGirl
on 7/26/09 1:33 pm - San Diego, CA
Immediately.  And no, gum chewing won't help. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jupiter6
on 7/26/09 2:35 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was a year and 5 months post op when I realized I looked like unexpurgated crap. But I lost a lot more than many and had a very very full face.

Chewing gum can't build up skin. Nothing can. Skin can only be removed, not toned.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/26/09 8:47 pm
I only lost 95 pounds but I had a face like a basketball.

I hated my double chin but I didn't realize I might end up with jowls. 

thanks.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

size 8, life is great

Paige E.
on 7/27/09 1:13 am - TX
I just had my face done last week and I am almost 14mos post op.  It was the most important thing for me to have done!!!  It's the first thing I see when I look in the mirror and my first impression with other people!!  I can't wait until the swelling goes down and I can get a better idea of I will look.   My profile though is fabulous!!!!  No more turkey waddle!

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/27/09 10:54 am
that would be wonderful: I sure don't like the turkey waddle.

is it all one procedure then? face/neck lift?

can you give me an idea of what you paid?  pm, if you are comfortable with that. if not, I understand.

did you do a lot of research for the surgeon?

Jackie

size 8, life is great

Paige E.
on 7/27/09 11:01 am - TX
It was all done in one procedure (about 6 hours long) and I paid $14,000 for it.  I had a face/neck/brow lift with fat from my stomach injected in my nasal folds and my eyelids done.  Went to the doc today and he took out the stitches on my eyes and will remove the rest on Wednesday!!!  I'm so glad I did this surgery first!!!!  Hopefully I will be getting my BL and LBL done in December.  I was interested in 3 surgeons and have been very happy with my choice!!!

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/27/09 11:13 am
oh, dear. I only paid $9500 for my VSG.  I think I'm going to have jowls for awhile. sigh.

congratulations on your sucess and your surgeries. you already look great in your avatar.

thanks for the help.

Jackie

size 8, life is great

Most Active