Plastic Surgery Insurance?

Maria M.
on 7/26/09 3:34 am - Hallandale Beach, FL
I'm 2 1/2 yrs post the VSG procedure and 188 lbs weight loss. Needless to say I'm a candidate for major work. Is there any such thing as plastic surgery insurance? Can anyone buy it?
Live Each Day As If It Were The Last!
dmoore1162
on 7/26/09 3:58 am
check with your medical insurance carrier.  Some plans will pay for the stomach.  Some are even starting to pay for the thighs.  The rest is usually self pay
Delores Moore
it's never too late

sanguinarythorn
on 7/26/09 6:01 am - Newport News, VA
I  don't think there's "plastic surgery insurance", although some insurance companies will pay for the skin removal involved with tummy tucks. I have Aetna, and they covered the skin removal, and my surgeon just kind of did everything else (muscle tightening, mons work, etc.) "on the house".... So I was treated as a strictly cosmetic patient, but they're only billing insurance for the skin removal.

If you're insurance won't cover it, you could look into something like Care Credit or Capital One Health Care Finance, basically it's a credit card designed specifically for health care stuff like cosmetic surgery, and often times you can get a pretty good rate.
Most Active