WORD OF WARNING TO EVERYONE ON PS BOARD !!!

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 10:06 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Cindy....I agree 100% NO one has the right to do that to someone else.   I need to figure out how to contact Facebook.   I know you have to click a " I have the person's permission" to post a photo to your profile....not sure about wall....but I will check that out and turn her in to FB !!!

Hugs  and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

DrL
on 7/27/09 7:19 am - Houston, TX
The internet is definitely NOT a place for privacy, and it's a fine line we walk when posting personal information of any type.  Photos involving nudity or semi-nudity with your personal identity revealed are a real risk.

I guess part of it is that there is no real way to catch individuals who choose to abuse the system. Recently I read there were individuals here whose photos were being used on adult sites !  My 2002 article "Be Smart About Looking Good" has been plagiarized several times, word-for-word  and there's really not much I can do about it.

It's a sad statement that we can't count on basic respect, but the times they are a changin'.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 7:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Thanks Dr. L for chiming in on this.   I wasn't even partially nude....much too modest for that !!!  Gee.....It is a sad world we live when people feel the need to do these things !!!   Thanks for you input !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Paige E.
on 7/27/09 8:00 am - TX
I'm so sorry about that this happened Vivian!!  I think we all probably forget just how vulnerable we all are to things like this.  You mark something private and think people will respect that... very sad that this kind of thing can happen!

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 9:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
 I guess Paige what we don't realize is that it is NOT only American's that can view things on here....but the people from other countries too.   Which with that I am going to say that right here on the PSMB is some fantastic people that I have talked to in the past from Australia and other countries....but also that being said....everyone doesn't view nudity or partial nudity as we do.   We share our PS photos to give others hope of looking somewhat normal after massive weight loss......others don't care about that and the nudity ( which mine were not nude by any means ) is viewed as nothing to some people in foreign countries.    I just want everyone to be aware.   I would hate for someone else to experience what I did.

Redhaired
on 7/27/09 8:15 am - Mouseville, FL
I am so sorry this happened to you Vivian.  I guess you have validated my reluctance to post pictures of myself on-line.

Red

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 9:39 am - Fort Worth, TX
 I just want everyone to be so careful !!!!

DS Facts
on 7/27/09 9:33 am
Vivian,

I am so sorry you were violated like that. It's so sad that people here want to help others by sharing their pre-op/post-op photos but this kind of thing really remind us of the reality of posting pics online. I know some of the people whose pictures ended up on the adult + size site, and there were even pre-op and post- op wls pictures that were taken off OH  and used on some ad for some diet pill. I made my pictures private but you're right, I don't REALLY know most of the people on my friends list. Thanks for the warning.

Bev
Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 9:41 am - Fort Worth, TX
 You are so welcome Bev......I think we can NEVER  be too careful !!!!\

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/09 10:15 am
This is exactly why my boring profile is marked private, and why I never post pix of myself here, and why my "avatar" is a cartoon image.

I am so very, very sorry this happened to you.  Blessings to you for using this experience to warn others.

On a separate note -- I have learned tremendously from those who have graciously posted their photos, and thank you -- but I understand it is at tremendous personal risk.

Most Active