WORD OF WARNING TO EVERYONE ON PS BOARD !!!

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 12:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
PLEASE be very careful posting pre and post PS photos on your profile.   I am 2 yrs post op LBL and I had before and after photos of me on my OH Profile and I had them marked private where you had to be my friend on OH to view them.     I opened up my Facebook page the other day and the pre PS photos were all over my Wall there.    Just wanted to give you guys a word of warning.   I had no idea that someone could do that much less someone who was on my "friends" list here on OH.   SO please be very careful posting your photos.   I don't want this to happen to anyone else.   BTW....I removed all of them from my profile.    Don't want to deal with that ever again.   Good luck to you all with your surgeries and healing.

Hugs and blessings !!!  Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

vickie O.
on 7/27/09 2:47 am - amarillo, TX
VIVIAN, I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. DO U HAVE ANY IDEAS WHO COULD HAVE DONE IT?  COULD SOMEONE HAVE HACKED IN OR SOMETHING?  HOW ARE U?  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I HAVE BEEN HANGING AT THE PLASTICS BOARD AND TWO GROUPS I BELONG TO. I DO TROLL RNY AND TMB EVER SO OFTEN THOUGH. VICK

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 3:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yes.....Vickie I do know who did it.  BUT Yvonne said that she deleted her profile from OH.   Yvonne had been talking to her ( they lady who did it was from Italy ).    But what made me so angry is she took those photos and I had the marked PRIVATE only for my friends to view on my profile.   UGH !!!  I just don't want it to happen to anyone else.    I am doing fine.   Hubby went back to work this AM.   YEAH !!!!   I came here forever but haven't been here in a while.   Thought that I would warn everyone though.   That is REALLY SCAREY !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Melanie B.
on 7/27/09 4:00 am - Doylestown, PA
I'm sorry this happened to you Vivian. And this is the EXACT reason I refure to post my B/A BR/BL pictures on this site (or anyother) It's stinks that it has to be that way.

Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 4:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yes Melanie it does stink that happened.   I just wanted to make everyone aware of what CAN and DOES happen by posting photos on these websites of personal nature.   Thank GOD I was wearing my underwear in the photos.    Shame that one person can spoil things like that for others.   UGH.....as a person who has been MO my ENTIRE LIFE.....I had lots and lots of skin....and still do ( PS was unable to remove all with one surgery )....the photos were not attractive to say the least.   The person who did this is in Italy.....I guess they have no privacy there.   Anyway now no one will view them thanks to this lady.

LaurenNicole
on 7/27/09 5:39 am
wow !! thanks for the words of warning ill defently be careful
Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 6:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for taking heed to the warning.

Cindy F.
on 7/27/09 5:54 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
That is truly beyond horrible.  i am so sorry that happened to you.  Very shocking I am sure.  Thanks so much for the warning. 

Did you ever find out who or how they did it?  (and why)?

Hugs and kisses to you
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Vivian Prouty
on 7/27/09 6:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
Cindy....It was a young lady probably about 18 yrs old that lives in Italy.    I guess she was a member here on Obesity help and I accepted her as one of my friends.    She found my profile on Facebook and then took the photos of me in my panties and bra ( pre op plastics ) and then put a before photo of me at my largest on my facebook account.   It was OK that she took the photo of me with clothes on there....in fact I had a different one on there of me before WLS.   Because of communication between the different langues....she emailed in a message in Dutch.   She doesn't understand WHY I was upset.   Now...mind you she has never contacted me before that....ever.   I had the photos maked private on my OH profile...you had to be on my friends list to view them.   I know that they have different cultures and values there than we do here...but still....just because she was on my friends list that didn't give her the right to plaster those photos on my facebook wall.   UGH !!!  Can't believe she did that.  Then I found out that she had done that to another member on OH.    Anyway her profile isn't on OH anymore...but I have no idea about facebook.   I took her off my friends list then the photos of me dissapeared that she had put on my wall.   Someone said she said WHY she did it was because of the drastic transformation between me now and before my WLS and PS.    That is all I know.   Just don't want this happening to anyone else.   It could though!!!

Cindy F.
on 7/27/09 3:57 pm - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow for someone to do that is quite odd.  I cant figure out how to put my own pictures up let alone someone elses.  I completely understand how you feel.  No one has the right to do that.

Thanks again for the warning. 

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active