When did you turn a corner with your swelling?

Melissa M.
on 7/26/09 2:59 pm - Seabrook, TX
Just a poll to see when you noticed the biggest decrease in your swelling post TT or LBL.  I am almost 6 weeks out and my swelling doesn't show much sign of going anywhere.  Some days are a tad bit better but not much.  I was curious when you noticed you turned a corner with your swelling?  I know it can hang around for months but surely you noticed a change on the way, right?

Thank you!
Melissa
PamT
on 7/26/09 4:16 pm - Downey, CA
7 weeks out here and still swollen too.

PamT
Wendy_Canada
on 7/26/09 7:52 pm - Canada
I''m glad you asked because i was wondering the same thing.  I asked my doctor what to do to get the swelling down and he said at this stage its a good thing. Its the bodys way of making like a cast around the injured area so he really didn't offer me any time that it would be going down. 

I remember right out of my tt I looked at my tummy and went ohhhhhhhh wowwwww i love it,  Now i have a little "pot"  I want it to go away.  I am 4 weeks out today.

Wendy

Renee2007
on 7/27/09 12:28 am - Central, FL
I've noticed the same thing, Wendy. At first my tummy was flat as a board and now at 4 weeks I have the lower slight bulge or pot belly. I see my surgeon tomorrow and am hoping he tells me that it's normal swelling and will eventually go away.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Wendy_Canada
on 7/27/09 2:20 am - Canada
Renee can you let me know what your doctor says tomorrow please.  i don't go back till aug 6th.

I have seen the ladies say the more active they are the more they swell up so i am guessing this is what they mean. 

I'd appreciate what you have to say.

wendy

Renee2007
on 7/27/09 12:19 pm - Central, FL
Yes, I will let you know what he tells me.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

MyQnA
on 7/26/09 8:21 pm
I am 3 months out or about and I still swell after exercise or any other reason my body has to just plump up. 

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

dmoore1162
on 7/26/09 11:46 pm
I am so glad for this thread.  I had my surgery 6/23 (abdominalplasty).   I can see my stomach is flat and that most of my stomach is gone.  However, I tried on my pre surgery pants and they are almost as tight as they were before the surgery.  Especially in the waist.  Two of the pairs, I couldn't even button where before I could.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

happy girl
on 7/27/09 2:47 am
hey melissa, i am 3 months out and still swell.  Some days are better than others, and there are days where I am extremely puffy.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

tazfan
on 7/27/09 3:28 am
After each of my surgeries(gastric bypass, plastics, galbladder, knee, ankle) my swelling was really bad until about week 6.  After that each week I noticed a change.  In most cases it was about 10 - 12 weeks before I was able to get back into my pre-surgery clothes comfortably.
Most Active