I didn't bleed to death after all

dec721
on 7/24/09 11:47 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Okay, y'all, I had a brachioplasty two weeks ago today.  Doc took out my drains the following Wednesday.  Thursday I started bleeding like a stuck pig out the holes in my elbows where the drains had been.  Now EIGHT days later, the bleeding has finally stopped!  It has been absolutely pouring out my elbows all this time.  I can't tell you how many gauze squares and maxi pads I went through -- four or five changes a day and all completely soaked in blood -- and was just sure I was going to bleed slap to death.

The point of this post -- as the doc said, it WILL eventually stop!  Hallelujah!

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

morgansmommy
on 7/24/09 11:49 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Dorothy,
How scary! Glad to hear it is under control now. Take it easy and rest!
Mary
vickie O.
on 7/24/09 11:32 pm - amarillo, TX
glad to hear that your are doing better. i bet it was scary. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/09 11:59 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
My Goodness.........I've never heard of anyone having this problem with a brachioplasty.
I'm going in on Monday for my revision (basically re-doing it) and sure hope I don't have the same thing happen.  YIKES

Glad to hear it has stopped and you are on the mend.
Best wishes
Ruth
PatMBo
on 7/25/09 11:20 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Ruth,
As someone who is considering brachioplasty, I'm just wondering why you are needing a revision??? If you don't mind would you either reply or pm me with details?? :-) THANKS!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 12:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Pat,

The surgeon who did my brachioplasty is a really, really good surgeon...does a fabulous job on the incisions...couldn't ask for a thinner, cleaner line but he left too much skin on.  Yes the arms were "better" but they were not as good as they could be; so he is re-doing it and will do some lipo this time and remove more skin. 

FYI - I had NO complications with the surgery........no split stitches, no seroma, and very little bruising.  I did have swelling but that is normal.

When are you going for surgery?
Ruth
PatMBo
on 7/26/09 10:20 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Ruth,
Thanks for the info...just out of curiosity, are you having to pay for the revision??  I'm haivng my 2nd consult this Thursday but will proba bly wait until winter to have the surgery....sometime after the 1st of the year...

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 10:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
The way it works is if the Surgeon agrees that a "revvision" is needed he does not charge for his time, however, you do have to pay the hospital facility and anesthesia fees.  They don't charge to "fix" it since they want their clients to be happy.....wouldn't want a patient out there complaining, know what I mean.....

Jessie-F
on 7/27/09 1:25 am
Dorothy,
How scary. I'm so glad you are doing better. You should check your iron and such, might need some supplements after so much blood loss. Hope you continue recovering nicely.
Most Active