Update Brachio post-op

dalybenitez27
on 7/26/09 5:44 am - Orlando, FL

Surgery was Friday and so far so good.  The pain is not bad at all.  The worst of it is the itching.  My arms itch a lot.  Other than that, I'm doing great.

dec721
on 7/26/09 6:43 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi, daly --

I'm two weeks ahead of you, and yeah, the itching was a bear.  I stocked up on every anti-itch cream I could find and worked different things in under the Ace bandage with my fingers.  Gold Bond was the best, I think, although it is a little smelly.  Hydrocortisone was good, too.  Once I could remove my Ace, I slathered on the creams before I rewrapped twice a day.  Hang in there!       --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

ShirleyG
on 7/26/09 8:02 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hey Dorothy
I am headed for trhe arms on Aug 6 ,,,  How do your incisions look so far 2 weeks out ?  I will be wearing that thing that looks like a half shirt , tight spandex type material after about 3 days that goes all the way to the wrist,  DId you have that ?
I am worried about the incisions or rather scars showing ...  I told him I want them visible ONLY if I raise my arms , not showing from the back or the front when my arms are down.. LOL 
Where are your placed ?
Thanks
Shirley
dec721
on 7/26/09 9:49 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi Shirley --

No, I don't have that compression garment, just Ace bandages wrapped around my upper arms.  I guess they both serve the same purpose.

The incisions are ropey and a little red in spots but clean.  The last of the surgical tape fell off today, so I can see them all.  My surgeon said he has learned over the years exactly where to place the cut so that it isn't visible from the back or the front, and he did a great job.  It runs down the back inside of my arm.  They are going to be great when they smooth out!

Best wishes on your surgery!  Let me know how it all comes out :-)            --Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

ShirleyG
on 7/27/09 5:22 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Great Dorothy... I sure will. How is your swelling? I am of work for about 16 days for this.  Do you think I can manage that? I work in an office but you know ...
DO you have any pic's yet .   I so hope my surgeon knows where to place the incision as you cant change it once it it done.
:)
dec721
on 7/27/09 7:07 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
The swelling isn't bad at all.  In fact, I don't even notice it until the end of the day when the bandages start to get tight ... especially if I've done too much during the day, ha!  And yes, you should be fine by 16 days.  I went back to my half-day office job 10 days after and now my organist job 17 days later, just today. 

Nope, no pics yet.  I'm taking some along the way with a disposable camera, but that is the extent of my photographic abilities :-)

--Dorothy

jaylynn
on 7/26/09 1:00 pm
Congratulations to both of you...I went for my consult...it is an exciting, but scary time as well.   Most likely will do the body life first before the arms.  Blessings as you continue the journey

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 1:12 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Glad to hear you are doing and feeling well.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Ruth

dalybenitez27
on 7/26/09 11:50 pm - Orlando, FL
thanks everyone!
Most Active