? for those who had face/neck/brow lifts

Paige E.
on 7/26/09 1:01 am - TX
On Wednesday I had a face/neck/brow lift.  I have to say that yesterday (day 3) was probably the worst so far.  When does it start taking a turn for the better??  I wouldn't say I'm in pain as I am just uncomfortable.

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

BigCityGirl
on 7/26/09 1:24 am - San Diego, CA

My facelift, coronal brow, eyes and neck were the easiest of all my plastics procedures - pain wise.   I was shopping in the mall at day 10 postop.

I hope you get some relief soon. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
totalfreedom
on 7/26/09 4:32 am - Northern CA
Hi, Day 5 (face/neck lift no brow lift) was when the swelling started to subside.  I was out in the malls within a week even though I still had tons of bruising. I was fine physically, stamina etc.  However, my face never took good shape without some swelling until 6 weeks.  I went back to work at 3 weeks, bruising was all gone at 4 weeks.  i am 10 weeks out now.  I still have tightness and slight swelling along the jawline.  However, this is only noticeable to me. 

Relief is on it's way for you.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

FLGail
on 7/26/09 8:49 am - Sun City, AZ
I had a face/neck and lower and upper eyes done 7 weeks ago. I think the worse part of it was the bruising. I was bruised down to my boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL   You might have some soreness but it has been the least painful of all my plasics. Probaly my thighs or tummy tuck were the worse.     Gail
summer24
on 7/26/09 9:52 am
I had my neck/face lift on wednesday too.  My doctor said that swelling would be at it's worst by 48 hours post op.  Luckily, I feel better every day, but like you said, no pain, just uncomforable.  I just can't wait for this swelling to go down.  I do get dizzy every now and then when I stand up though.  Do you?
Paige E.
on 7/26/09 11:03 pm - TX
I have very little bruising and the numbness and swelling are getting better everyday.  Right now I'd say the staples right behind my ears are really bothering me.  I'm going to the doctor today to get the sutures on my eyelids removed and then I think he plans on removing the rest towards the end of the week.  I have to return to work on Monday so I'm a bit nervous about how obvious it's still going to be as I didn't tell anyone at work what I was doing.  I do get a little dizzy from time to time and for some reason I get a little nauseous in the car.  Have you posted any pics yet?

Jupiter6
on 7/26/09 2:37 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had a lower face lift and upper and lower bleph, and took my elephant-man head to the mall two days later. Pain passes quickly, but you won't have settled results for many weeks.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Paige E.
on 7/26/09 11:05 pm - TX
I always thought I had a pretty high tolerance for pain... but this has really kicked me in the ass!!!!  Again pain might not be the right word... but rather extreme discomfort!!  Saturday (day 3) was the worst for me but there is no way I could have gone to the mall!!!!!!

Fran W.
on 7/27/09 8:33 am - Catonsville, MD
I had face lift/brow lift/neck list/blepharoplasty 6 weeks ago.  I still see some swelling when I get up in the morning and I still feel tight in my cheeks.  My doc sent me for a facial lymphatic massage which helped.  I can't remember each day but I think I thought people were staring at me when they really weren't once I started to go out.  The color was the worst for me.  My neck was all shades of purple and my face was bright yellow and green.

The tightness was the worse for me so I agree with the 'uncomfortable' feeling more than pain.  I could not eat anything if I had to open my mouht and chew it!  I lived on sourp and peanut butter for awhile.  I still have some pain in my scalp where some of the staples were.

Hang in there - the results are worth it!
tlc4me
on 8/2/09 7:34 pm - Bella Vista, AR
I had a face/neck/brow lift, rhino and U/L bleph almost two months ago.  It's such a relief when the stitches and staples are removed!  You will really start looking and feeling better quickly now.  At 10 days I still had some slight yellowish colored bruising, but I went mall shopping as soon as I was suture free.  Even with some bruising, at one week post op I definitely looked better than I did pre-op - and it just keeps getting better.  Some swelling (and numbness) will remain for several months, but it will only be apparent to you.  What I notice the most still is the tightness behind my neck.
Most Active