this may seem silly but............

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 1:51 am
  I just bought a sports bra at WALMART for $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was NEVER able to buy any bras from anywhere other than Just my Size catalogs or lingerie shops that had big cup bras...... Since my breast lift, I have been able to buy bras for less than $20!!!!!

It was SO worth it!!!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

PamT
on 7/26/09 2:18 am - Downey, CA
Strange feeling, isn't it?

I used to LOVE to go shopping many MANY years ago. I knew EVERY store at all the malls around here. The fatter I got, the less I liked it until I rarely EVER bought anything. I no longer enjoyed "looking." I stuck to my elastic waist pants & T-shirts and had no desire to even look for anything else.

After weight loss and people pushing me to buy some clothes that FIT and update my wardrobe, I have ventured out and bought a few things. It is weird to be able to find clothes that fit in any store. I find myself holding up clothes and trying on the larger sizes. The smaller sizes, the ones that NOW fit, just look so odd to me, like I'll NEVER fit my big rear into THAT!!  But they do!

I hope you enjoy your new found expanded shopping choices. I'm getting used to it, slowly but surely.

PamT
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 3:54 am
OMG!  I totally understand what you are saying!  I still have to adjust my 'head' so that I don't walk into Lane Bryant or Avenue.   Even in the other stores I constantly think 'there's NO WAY I can fit that' and when I try it on it fits or it's too big......

The head game is way harder and longer than the physical.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/09 2:19 am
I remember thinking the same thing after my breast reduction.  All I was interested in was buying prety bras.

Congrats!
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 3:55 am
I'm waiting till I have been exercising a couple months before I go shopping for the pretty, dainty, lovely things......

BigCityGirl
on 7/26/09 3:00 am - San Diego, CA
I hear ya!  It wasn't only being able to fit into normal bras, but to wear them correctly as well.  When I was heavy, my bra straps were constantly falling down on my shoulders.  I could never get a bra to fit properly.  Since my lift and reduction, I can wear bras now with a single fastener in the back!  What joy!  And I can buy sexy bras - something I was never able to do when I was a DDD. 

Lots of girls in my support group have ridden the boob rollercoaster from big to small to big again.  They decided, after losing their weight and their boobs got small, to get lifts and augmentation - big augmentation!  And they're kinda back in the same boat - having to find bras that fit their (again) large size.

My problem was not only bras but button down shirts - it seemed that if they fit in the shoulders they were too tight in the boobs.  I told my surgeon my single goal with my boobs was to be able to wear blouse sizes that were equal to my pants size.  I didn't quite make it but I'm a whole lot closer.  Before my breast work I was a size 6 jean and a size 14 blouse.  Today I'm a size 6 jean and a size 10 (sometimes I can wear an 8) blouse.  I'm very happy with my work.

Congratulations - by the way, you look great.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 3:56 am
I'm coming down from an all time high 56L!  I remember that the straps of my bras would dig so hard into my shoulders, they would get raw. 

MAN - I am so glad those days are OVER!!! 

sanguinarythorn
on 7/26/09 6:05 am - Newport News, VA
I know how you feel... I can now buy "normal" undies that look good on me. I just went undies shopping today and was extremely excited not to have to shop in the "big girl" section. I can now wear hipsters or bikini cuts and have them look good. Next step is bikini shoping... Yikes!!
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/26/09 6:19 am
Well - I have an anchor cut, so no bikinis for me - but I think I will get bold enough to buy a swim suit later this year.... maybe........

now - for underwear, it IS getting interesting - I think I may visit my new best buddy, Fredrick, with the next month or so......  LOL!!!!

Melissa M.
on 7/26/09 2:05 pm - Seabrook, TX
I just went shopping for bras and underwear yesterday.  I was actually able to find things that fit me in the sales rack.  Even buying undies that weren't granny panties was exciting!  LOL  I actually bought my first pair of lacey undies since my LBL.  I still can't get over how nicely they fit!  They would always get hidden under my large panni!

Most Active