What do you tell people about your plastics?

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/09 10:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HIJACK
Hi Susan,
I love and admire your attitude towards the scars.......I'm not exactly there yet but have been going out in public with short sleeves so 1/2 the brachio scars show.  I'm getting better.
Ruth

MelissaF
on 7/23/09 11:21 pm - Northwood, IA
I tell everyone b/c they all know about my RNY.  I am in a weird spot where I live. Small area, first hired bariatric coordinator, in the obesity training video which hits every darn employee at the hospital, I run the support group as one of the coleaders.. etc.

It's amazing pressure.. amazing pressure.  But it keeps me in check.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Cynthia L.
on 7/24/09 1:11 am - Clarence, NY
I told and am still telling people (perfect strangers...mostly at Talbots, LOL) about my RNY and I'm ALREADY telling people about my PS plans and I haven't even had my consult yet.  I'm such a goof and can't keep anything to myself.  If I can inspire one person, then it's worth it.

-Cyn, can't contain herself

chrissie_hynde_kitty_std-2-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castleBad boys get spanked. - Chrissie Hynde Lifeposter-1.jpg picture by Queen-of-the-castle

Melissa M.
on 7/24/09 12:50 pm - Seabrook, TX
I didn't tell anyone except my immediate family and a couple of really close friends including my boss.  I took six weeks off of work and just told folks I would be on leave with no explanation.  They just assumed I had some type of female surgery.  I'm a pretty private person and don't like to contribute to people's gossip.  I figured what I do to my body is my business!  LOL
Purple Passion
on 7/27/09 6:21 am - Little Falls, NJ
I'm open about all that I've done or am doing for my health and well being.  I talk openly and honestly about my RNY and most people already know that I'm scheduled for an LBL beginning of October.  My manager is aware and I will be telling the partners that I support in the weeks before surgery.

I'm proud of my accomplishments and make no bones about it.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

MyLady Heidi
on 7/29/09 5:24 am
I told the people who knew me that I was getting a tummy tuck/neck lift and then when I got my arms done.  I guess I am not sure who you are thinking of telling what too and what are the graphic details of a tummy tuck or a neck lift, they are sort of self explanatory.  No one that hasn't had wls or wasn't just interested in seeing the transformation has ever had a desire to see my before and after pics and I don't carry them around with me.  I am proud of my body and all that I have achieved.

Hugs Heidi

Most Active