1 week post BL/BA/Brachio (kinda long)

workingmommy
on 7/22/09 5:44 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Hi all,

Well, it has been an interesting week.  I'll start from the beginning.  We got to the hospital at 5am to check in.  Dr came in around 7 to do markings and take pics.  We rolled into the operating room at 7:30.  Nine hours later I am the proud owner of bigger perkier boobs and smaller arms (he also did a scar revision....one of the lap ports from my RNY had keloided so he fixed it).  I was hoping to go home the same day, but he felt it better that I stay the night.  I went home the next day around 2:30pm.  I was wrapped in bandages from knuckles to waist.  Fortunately I have good A/C because it has been over 100 degrees!  I don't remember much about the first week, as I was high and tired (I had the LBL 5 weeks ago).  I was not allowed to move my arms at all. It was very frustrating to me to not be able to even wipe my own nose, fortunately I have great help.  Tuesday was my post-op.  I got both drains removed.  One never drained anything and the other never got above 20cc.  He said my incisions look great and ok'ed me for showering.  He took off all the bandages and now I only have the ones around my upper arms.  I made it into a sport bra, but I think I need a bigger size (got 450cc silicone).  So now I am working on increasing the mobility of my arms.  I am able to feed myself, but everything is very tight.  I am not able to use my right arm as well as the left.  Per dr. orders I cannot raise my arms above my shoulders, so hair washing is going to be interesting (showering for the 1st time later today).  I'm off al pain meds since Monday so only healing left to do.  I am going to post pics on my profile, but I forgot to take the before's!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Jupiter6
on 7/22/09 7:13 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Hang in there April--- my breasts never even twinged, and my arms are sore to the touch, but not very painful in general at a month out.

Hernia? Another story. ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

ltlkim9424
on 7/22/09 9:23 am - Lakeville, MN
Congrats!! Are you glad you did the LBL separate? I am planning BL/BA/Brachio and thigh lift together.
Melissa M.
on 7/22/09 10:24 am - Seabrook, TX
Glad you're home and doing well.  I was wondering how things had gone for you.  I"m sure you are going to look amazing once you're all healed!
Renee2007
on 7/22/09 11:15 am - Central, FL
You're a new woman! You look great. Glad things are going well for you. Try to rest as much as you can.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

PamT
on 7/22/09 11:29 am - Downey, CA
Wowwww April!!

Those "girls" are looking good and the arms are a KILLER job!! So slim & trim.

You're gonna be soooo thrilled!!!

PamT
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 4:11 pm - Los Angeles, CA
You go girl.
inkerdoodles
on 7/23/09 12:27 am - Schenectady, NY

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH April I'm so jealous...... You look awesome. I personally and the co-leader of the IBTC..... LOL

Congratulations... My BFF told me something yesterday that truly touched me... Never loose sight of how far YOU have come. Because YOU are the one who has done all of the hard work. Enjoy your first shower....

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Jessie-F
on 7/23/09 1:42 am
April I wish you a speedy recovery. Seems like things are going smoothly, you'll be out & about in a few weeks.
workingmommy
on 7/23/09 2:51 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Thanks so much guys for all the support.  I have decided, and I know you all feel the same, that plastics is not fo the weak of stomach or mind.  In fact I think for me, this has been 90% mental. It truly is a uniques experience.  The shower was okay..I'll just be glad when I can take one by myself! 

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active