Arm Lift Advice

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 7:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I'm in FL on the west coast too.......how far along are you with your plastics?  I'm looking to do the Lower Body next and then the Inner Thigh.
Shelly H.
on 7/22/09 9:47 am - Marco Island, FL
Well hey there neighbor,
I have only had my arms done and a little lipo in my "saddlebag" area.  Didn't really feel I got much bang for the buck in that area.  My doctor told me that I didn't have much fat, it is mainly skin there.  So, that being said I would love to do a lower body lift, with a thigh light, breast lift and augmentation, and last on the list would be a tummy tuck.  This I figure may be a 2-5 year process and may go broke in the mean time, but that's the plan.
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 10:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
LOL, I had the same thing done...arms and lipo on my saddle bags!  
Who did you go to??  I'm new to the area (moved from NY) and am looking for a surgeon...
hicksgx
on 7/23/09 3:13 am - Hitchcock, TX

I had an upper body lift, my incision travels thru the pit, down and around breast to form a lollipop lift, with saline implants in April. 

Words of wisdom, and I live with family of husband and two older children 16 and 11.

I left same day pretty much right after surgery, only couple hours post op, so I was so sleepy husband couldnt get me awake to walk in house.  It took him a while.  Also, plan on having a container of some kind to throw up in for ride home, if you go home same day as I did.  And I did wake up to do that. 

If you have had as much weight loss as most of us on here, you possibly have tailbone issues, make sure surgeon pads your buttocks area during surgery.  I was on the table 7 hours. 

After getting home, they made me sit at a 30 degree angle that first night, which is the WORST position for getting ulcers on your tailbone.  Dr did not tell the nurses about my bony issues so nurse told husband to put me at that angle.  I had a tailbone ulcer for 2 weeks, I had more pain from my tailbone than the surgery for the first two days.  I had to sit/sleep on a donut for about 2 weeks also.

I would highly recommend someone be with you AT LEAST the first 3-4 days. 
It is quite impossible to use restroom pulling on and off bottoms, etc.  so, help is a necessity I think.  I could manage the wiping part.

Its very hard to get off of furniture, and get in/out of bed because you can not use arms.  So before surgery try out some furniture to see if you can get up without using arms at all...this is where all those situps will help.

I have had 3 abdominal surgeries in my life and i have to say, none of those were as completely debilitating as this surgery was. 

You truly cannot use your arms.  That means to use restroom, dress, cook, clean, drive. 
I could feed myself after the first day home, probably second day afternoon.

Everyone is different, but it hurt and i felt like i was going to split open if i attempted to bend or use arms. 

I am telling you this to prepare, I was not quite as prepared as I thought. 

Baby yourself, cause if you don't baby your arms, you are going to split, have holes in incisions, and widening of your scars.  My breast scars look fabulous, my arm scars are wider, and raised some.  Arms scar differently, i guess from the amount you use them, and the rubbing of clothing etc.
They may widen no matter what you do.  My arms healed beautifully.  I did have to put some stuff on one of my armpits, it didnt want to heal up.  Armpits are notorious for that.

Good luck, its very much worth all you go thru, and worth every darn cent!

Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
dalybenitez27
on 7/23/09 3:53 am - Orlando, FL
Wow!  Thanks for all the great advice!  I didn't think of any of these things, so thank you.
Most Active