when will this stop

ericas623
on 7/22/09 9:09 am - Roseville, MI
Ok, I am 3 1/2 weeks out from a tt.  About 1 week ago, I started oozing from the incision line.  It has eased up alot.  Only oozes when I get up for a few seconds.  Now, I have a hole, about the size of a pea.  Anyone else have this?  If so, how long before it healed over.  I see the doc in a few days.  He is aware of all this.  Just says to keep the area dry.

Erica
Melissa M.
on 7/22/09 10:19 am - Seabrook, TX
I have a hole the size of a pea right at the top of where my butt cheeks meet in the back.  I was putting neosporin on it but the surgeon called me today and wanted to see me so he stitched it close.  Since mine is on my back and in between the cheeks it's kind of hard to heal since its rubbing skin on skin.  I would just put neosporin and let it air dry as much as possible so in can scab over.  It's pretty small so it should heal nicely.

Good luck,
Melissa
PamT
on 7/22/09 11:21 am - Downey, CA
My TT was Jun 2nd. I also have a spot at the incision line about the size of a pea that is draining.  I was instructed to wa**** out with peroxide & water (50/50) 3-4 times a day and a Q-tip, and pad it up with bandages. It's been about a week now and it seems to be closed to my cleansnigs but still oozing just a very little. I'll  see the Dr on Friday.

PamT
valencianahaley
on 7/22/09 12:42 pm - weatherford, TX
TeaTree oil is been working for me........... I'm 4 weeks out, and Tea Tree oil is been working for me. On my way back from Mexico, I have to reach out for my bag in the plane, and I think that's why my incision under my breast split open, but I'm using the tree oil, along with neosporin. Keeps us inform on you healing......

Maria
ericas623
on 7/22/09 12:49 pm - Roseville, MI
Thank you for responding. Great suggestions.  My doc said to not put anything on it at all.  I even asked about neosporin.  He said nothing.  Just keep it dry.  I just examined it, it looks like it is starting to close a little bit.  I was getting worried.

Erica
huskerfan85
on 7/22/09 1:36 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Erica, I have 3 spots like that on my thighs...the one on the outside of my hip is finally only oozing with pressure, and the ones on the inside in the groin are also oozing with pressure, but I have noticed in the last 2 weeks that I am swelling more, so guess the oozing is a good thing to get that fluid out.  I was told to wash every day with antibacterial soap and water and to keep them dry.  If I need to cover them always put antibacterial cream on them, and to not use neosporian....to use triple antibacterial cream....not sure of the difference, but mine are finally healing.
Gayle  6'2" 

Jessie-F
on 7/23/09 1:35 am
Same here. I have a small pea size hole on my TT incision. Dr said to stop putting bacitracin on it, and no more guaze. It still oozes a little all day so I put guaze on top because otherwise my binder gets yucky. He told me to keep all my incisions moisturized with vitamin A or E lotion  or oil. I use vitamin E 56,000 oil and Palmer's vitamin E scar serum. I'm at the ithing phase, a few scabs forming and peeling off. I don't see my Dr for 3 weeks but if I still have this oozing problem I'll call him before then.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Most Active