Panni advice

Glenda G.
on 7/22/09 3:35 am - Bakersfield, CA
I just had my panni on Monday. Came home last night....wow....it really really hurts.....I am taking 2 percoset every 4 hrs and it barely touches it. The IV meds weren't any better at the hospital. I am guessing I just have to get thru this few days....and it will get better. Any advice should I ice it....I have 2 drains..can I take naprosyn? I know we aren't supposed to as RNY but my doc will let me for a few days if I take Nexium with it. I took a shower but am leaving my binder on all the rest of the time. He made my skin really tight.....
Anyway...there are before and after pics on  my profile....
Thanks for listening!!
HW 237/SW 224/CW 146.2/GW 120-Hate posting current weight but need to be accountable :(

Sally W.
on 7/22/09 4:13 am - IA
No advice for you as I don't have my panni until August 19th. I hate hearing its painful, but remembering everyone is different.  I hope your pain subsides quickly.  You are looking great.  I have more excess than you though...so we shall see!  Best of luck in your healing.  Thanks for sharing pictures.
Sally
dmoore1162
on 7/22/09 4:31 am

ice it.  The ice really helps.  I used ice until my drains came out - 10 days post op.  My doctor gave me 500 mg of vicodin.  That worked great for me.  I really didn't have a lot of pain.  Mostly getting up and down.  Once up or down, I was fine.  Keeping the binder tight also helps.  But the ice worked the best for me.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Glenda G.
on 7/22/09 5:15 am - Bakersfield, CA
silly question...did u keep the ice over or under the binder. I have a soft gel one that will go under ....is that ok ya think or should the binder be tight on top with ice over it?
HW 237/SW 224/CW 146.2/GW 120-Hate posting current weight but need to be accountable :(

dmoore1162
on 7/22/09 7:04 am
I did the ice over the binder.  I pretty much kept ice on my abdomin 24/7 when possible - until the drains came out.  that is when I was in a sitting position.  It really helped.  I suppose you could do it under the binder whichever would be more comfortable for you. 

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Glenda G.
on 7/22/09 8:32 am - Bakersfield, CA
The ice is a huge help and I also called doc and he said I could take Aleive so I took 2 of those and the pain almost gone....compared to almost no pain relief from percoset....
Thanks for the help!

dmoore1162
on 7/22/09 1:36 pm
I'm glad that helped.   I wasn't aware gastric bypass patients could take aleve.  I usually just do Tylenol.   Once you get those drains out it will be better. 

As for the drains, my just attached them to my binder and went whenever possible with no underwear on. My underwear put pressure on the drains and were really uncomfortable.  However, I didn't feel right going to church without underwear.  When I voiced my concern to my sister she had a brillant idea - men's boxer shorts.  Worked great since my drains came out my "mound".  I just pulled them out through the fly and pinned them to the waistband of the boxers.  This was great.   Not sure where your drains are at, but if they are in the same spot as mine this idea might be helpful. 

Keep me posted on how you are doing.  -  remember ice ice baby, 

Delores
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Glenda G.
on 7/22/09 5:17 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Thanks for all the help. As far as alieve my doc will let me take it for short periods of time and he gave me nexium to take when I take it. The ice is really helping a lot. I haven't gone anywhere yet so at home I have just been wearing the binder with drains pinned to it. Good idea on the boxers cuz I don't see myself wearing underwear. I have some dresses that I will wear and not even worry about pants. I have an appt on Tuesday to get one of the drains out and then the next week for the other one.
Thanks again!

Most Active