1ST PS APT TODAY! WISH ME LUCK

llben79
on 7/22/09 12:47 am - Buffalo, NY
Hi all

I'm new to this forum, thought I would look here for some advise...

I have not had a full-blown rash, and technically the skin on my stomach is not that bad, but it's definitely bad enough to be all irritated and sweaty (now that it's summer), and I do itch it raw especially after working out, and when my skin has been folded into my jeans all day :( ugh.

Anyway, I have a consultation with a PS today to see if the insurance will cover a TT. I have Independent Health, and have already had a prescription for mycostatin powder to help with the issue, but it hasn't. My bariatric surgeon has already put in my chart that I would benefit from skin removal.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing, maybe had this insurance, or have any suggestions?? 
sel
on 7/22/09 10:04 am - colchester, CT

Hello, hope your consult went well. Most insurance companies will only pay for the removal of the pannus (over hanging abdominal skin flap) not for full TT. Be sure you know what you will be getting and what will be covered, A full TT includes the pannus removal along with tightening of lose abdominal muscles.

Best of luck

Sher

Most Active