Time between procedures?? Help

katiekat412
on 7/22/09 1:40 am
OKay, so I originally was planning PS in the states, then realized I can't afford it and planned on Mexico. Thing is, my insurance may cover my stomach, so it would be silly not to have that part done here. Unforunately, that means two seperate surgeries to get everything done, and I can't be off work or exercise for a long time, and I may be getting married in about a year (we're ring shopping), so I can't be all puffy for that.

Whew! Anyway, the question is, what were your doc's rules about the length of time between procedures. I know someone posted a similar topic last month, but I can't find it. Please help!!!!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Melissa M.
on 7/22/09 2:49 am - Seabrook, TX
I know that varies by surgeon.  My dr prefers to wait 3 months to allow for swelling to subside.  I know someone on here had hers about 4 or 6 weeks later.  Seems a little soon to me.  I'm sure it depends on the type of surgery you had first.

Good luck,
Melissa
hippie_chick
on 7/22/09 4:26 am - Pensacola, FL
On July 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM Pacific Time, katiekat412 wrote:
OKay, so I originally was planning PS in the states, then realized I can't afford it and planned on Mexico. Thing is, my insurance may cover my stomach, so it would be silly not to have that part done here. Unforunately, that means two seperate surgeries to get everything done, and I can't be off work or exercise for a long time, and I may be getting married in about a year (we're ring shopping), so I can't be all puffy for that.

Whew! Anyway, the question is, what were your doc's rules about the length of time between procedures. I know someone posted a similar topic last month, but I can't find it. Please help!!!!
RING SHOPPING???? Girl, you move FAST!! Things sure must have changed from when you first started dating him!!

So, how in the world did you get insurance to cover your tummy??? I wasn't even going to ask - maybe I should because you were a lightweight like me! I am still planning on going to Mexico for everything all at once. The doc I'm planning on using doesn't use general anasthenia so he can do all procedures at one time! I have to wait until October at least when I have part of the money and then I will try to finance the rest - the finance company was recommended by the surgeon in Mexico.

Maybe we can do Mexico at the same time!

NO man or woman is worth your tears... and the one who IS,
won't make you cry!!

Lap RNY 5/21/08 Pre-op - 222 / Current - 137 / Goal -135      

katiekat412
on 7/22/09 4:46 am
LOL!!  I didn't expect you to show up here! The BF and I have been dating for six months which is early for ring shopping, I know, but I like adventure! He's SOOOO kind and loving, and to him, I'm the sun and the moon. RIGHT??

Just kidding! I'm damaged goods, so I don't know how great my perspective is. I love him a lot, and I love how devoted he is, and I think that's what will make me happy in the long run. The only remaining big issue is still that the sex life isn't what I'd want it to be. I'm very needy in that department! I always thought that would be a man's dream woman! :)

Anyway, I'm not approved for the panni, but I went to a presenation by the PS a while back, and I asked him about my isnurance. He said my company was still pretty light on the requirements at the time, so as long as I lost about 70 lbs, chances were on my side. No rashes or documentation necessary. He didn't look at me at all though, and you do have to have a certain level of pannus with picures, so who knows. I have an appointment on the 5th.

Otherwise, I was planning to go to Mexico at the end of the year, Sometime around Thanksgiving or Christmas so that I already have days off at work. I want to have it all done at one time too, but I'm a poor single girl without $$$. I'm trying to make the most sense of it! Even if the panni is covered, I'll have to pay for the muscle tightening.

I'm looking at Dr. Sauceda. Who are you looking to go to?

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

hippie_chick
on 7/22/09 6:40 am - Pensacola, FL
HAHA - you can't hide from me

I'm not one to give advice in the marriage department but from my experience, sexual incompatibility is a HUGE factor!! 

Yes, Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico!! Have you checked into financing? I am also a single chick with no $$$ (and 3 kids!)!! I might have to settle for just my arms. Thanksgiving or December sounds about right for me too - it would be great if we could be PS buddies!!

I don't have much of a panni and it's definitely not anywhere near the top of my PS list - arms, thighs, butt, boob lift, then belly, then eye lift! I just forwarded off one of those 'your wish will come true' emails to 20 people - and I wished for $$$ for PS - maybe it will work - LMAO!!

NO man or woman is worth your tears... and the one who IS,
won't make you cry!!

Lap RNY 5/21/08 Pre-op - 222 / Current - 137 / Goal -135      

MSHAMO
on 7/22/09 8:37 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

You are not "damaged goods" and you need to stop thinking like that!!!  If you have never been married before, maybe you don't know how unhappy you can be if there is a HUGE problem like sexual incompatibility. You should slow down and just think about yourself right now and let the relationship work itself out without making that final commitment. I don't know how old you are, but you look young and you probably should take it slow. Good luck and remember that you don't have to "settle" for anything or anyone!! 

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
katiekat412
on 7/22/09 8:58 pm
Thanks. I 100% appreciate your post and perspective. To answer your question, I am 30, and I have been in serial long term relationships. Most times they were passionately sexual, but passionatley dysfunctional in other ways. This guy worhsips the ground I walk on and we have a lot of fun together. He's just not as sexual as I am. I know it is a big deal, but if I left him for that, I would be kicking myself. He's always in my corner :)

You are right, its not okay to think of yourself as damaged goods, but being fat for most of your time on earth can do that. I think sex makes me feel valued and that's not really healthy. Well, as we all know, WLS affects your mind as much as your body, so we shall see!

Kat

workingmommy
on 7/22/09 5:58 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I had my LBL on 6/10 and BL/BA/Brachio last week (so 5 weeks apart).  I am definitely more tired the second time around, and the swelling is worse, but I don't regret it.  I think all dr's are different so make sure you ask when you go on your conusults.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active