FAT BRAIN...

finallyme
on 7/22/09 12:54 am - Canada
SO, although I am THRILLED with Dr. Saucedas work I still have FAT brain...
I spent the better part of yesterday feeling like a blob...I have the slightest upper belly roll when I sit ( however when I stand it is tight and flat)...this tiny roll cause my FAT brain to start its mantra..."you're fat and yucky and gross" OH MY!
HOW can I STILL feel this way after loosing so much, going through a SUCCESSFUL TT, and STILL not love myself...DAMN.
They need a procedure to remove FATBRAIN....I'd keep my floppy skin if that one could be removed.
So, tell me how did/do you combat this stupidity...I feel awful, sad and angry. I have come SO far but how can it not be enough?
I want to be HAPPY and LOVE me...so girls...give me your advice please.
katiekat412
on 7/22/09 1:50 am
I wish I could help, but I'm a lot like you. I'm not at goal yet, so that's my excuse about why I don't love me, but its not a good one. I will go through with PS, but I know I may feel like you- I'll still see the imperfections. All I can say is that I'm in therapy, which to this point has given me much more awareness than I've had in the past, but I'm still working on the fixing it part.

Do you have any comments about Dr. Sauceda's work or your expereince? I may be using him at the end of this year.

Thanks, and I hope you feel better. I'm sure you look beautiful.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 3:50 am
I don't have any advice, except I can tell you how common "fat brain" is, even among women who have NEVER been obese, or even overweight.

*sigh*

Pat Rice
on 7/22/09 9:06 am - Northern, NJ

I am right there with you and it is the truth. I am only out from LBL,TT and breast lift revision 5 weeks and I have already started on my self hate.
Here's the thing though; you got my attention and I am willing to bet many, many others. I have not been able to find a viable support group anywhere in my area. I have joined a few and they have all broken up. There simply isn't the appropriate aftercare for WLS patients. I am looking for a therapist / counselor on my own and I am explaining my situation over the phone to see if they can help me. We have done so much to change ourselves already and now comes the hard work.
* If there are good support groups in your area, I suggest you get involved ASAP. I know they exist somewhere.
* One on one counselling
* Substitute habits - it's the "E" word. Yep exercise - when our minds get the better of us; go for a walk,run ,bike ride, swim or the gym. Feel proud of yourself after. When i get cleared for exercise, I plan to get started. I believe it will improve our surgical results as well as our brains!
* In the meantime, write down all the things you like about yourself and add to it daily and read it daily.
Now, I just have to follow my own advice! lol
Hugs, Pat

HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
Most Active