new goal

vickie O.
on 7/21/09 5:05 am - amarillo, TX
i had set my goal at 155 (doc's is 160) but not i only have  8 pounds to go to get there so i am looking at my goal again. i have lowered it to 140. i figure i can have the surgery at 150 and that will take off 5-8 pounds. so i will have a tiny bit to lose.  i have to  have my surgery soon because of this darn hernia that is really getting to be a pain.  i know after this surgery i am going to baby  myself for at least 6 months. the hernia i have now, i did at 3 months out. i know my doc is going to freak when he hears what i want to weigh.  i tried to tell him before when he first set my goal, but he thought it would me  bad for me. i used to weigh 128 thru 135 for a long time and it was a very comfortable weight for me. any ideas? vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

PamT
on 7/21/09 12:22 pm - Downey, CA
Ya know,,, when I had my gastric bypass and the Dr told me his goal weight was 180, I was disappointed. My expectations were MUCH greater!!  I expected or wanted 140-150.  My surgery weight was 304.

After one year I was at 180,, and after seeking consultation for plastics, the plastics surgeon would not talk to me til I was 160. Soooo,, I bit the bullet and lost more. At 165 I figured I was close enough and went back to the plastics surgeon. He explained my insurance would not cover what I wanted,,,a TT, A bl, A fl & brach. So it would be out of pocket. MY pocket.  I did it. Paid myself for all of the above. AND lost MORE weight in the process. I am now at 150.

I'm ok where I'm at now. If I never lose more, I feel good.

PamT
vickie O.
on 7/21/09 12:59 pm - amarillo, TX
150 is great, congratulations. vick

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/09 10:44 am, edited 7/22/09 10:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I can totally relate Vickie........I originally set a goal of 170 but as I got there I knew I wanted to go lower and set the goal to 155.......I know when I have the lower body plastic the surgeon will take off at least 10 lbs (I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 15).  I've just recently decided I want to go a little lower.....if I can get to 149 and then let the surgeon do his thing I'll end up somewhere between 135-145 for sure and that would be just fine for me...better than I ever thought when I started this journey.

I had one plastic surgeon tell me I should stop at 170 and another said stop at 165 but I know my body and I knew I could go lower.  My body tells mee I'm pretty much done.....I'm just going to try to squeeze out that extra 5 lbs......I'm doing it mainly with increased exercise.

Listen to your body...

vickie O.
on 7/22/09 8:24 pm - amarillo, TX
good luck to you on your journey thru plastics. vick

Most Active