Re: "Chubby Chasers"-- FYI

Jupiter6
on 7/21/09 8:43 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
That phrase is used primarily to describe homosexual men who prefer overweight homosexual men these days.

Men who openly express a preference for larger women prefer to be called FAs, or Fat Admirers. Women who prefer larger men are called FFAs, or Female Fat Admirers.

Neither are considered faults, fetishes or aberrations. Both are preferences, just as one might prefer blondes, or tall people, or people with accents.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

sanguinarythorn
on 7/21/09 9:58 pm, edited 7/21/09 10:01 pm - Newport News, VA
That's actually news to me. I just recently, as in this week, heard a comedy tv show refer to a woman who had an attraction to fat males as a "chubby chaser". In fact, to be honest, I've never related that term to just a homosexual phrase. When I hear that term, I immediately think of a man who has a fetish for morbidly obese women. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Here's what wiki has to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubby_chaser

It sounds like it can be used either way.
Jupiter6
on 7/22/09 5:54 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Remember though that Wiki isn't written by anyone special-- I could go update it now and say "chubby chasers eat chocolate covered ducks" and that's what it'd say.

Comedians also call little people "munchkins".Little people, I am told,  prefer to be called little people. "Chubby chasers" is vaguely derrogatory-- although many gay men I know have flipped the track and embraced it, just as they have "******" and "queer" when talking amongst themselves.

Prefering fat on a person is not (necessarily) any more of a "fetish" than preferring height, or blondness, or Spanish girls, what have you. It's a preference.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

sanguinarythorn
on 7/22/09 11:51 am - Newport News, VA
I just asked my husband out of the blue, "what is a chubby chaser", and his response was, "someone that prefers another of plus size" (he likes to put everything delicately as not to offend, lol). I asked him if it was just a homosexual phrase and he thinks it refers to anyone, regardless of sexual preference.

I don't know. I've heard gay friends use the phrase before, but I don't think it's "their" phrase, and I don't think they'd be offended to hear a person use it in a heterosexual reference. 
Jupiter6
on 7/23/09 1:17 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I was trying to give people a heads up-- and I was speaking from the homosexual perspective. 

Some Fat Admirers do take offense to the phrase and to the insinuation that their preference is a fetish. If you choose to continue to use it, that's certainly your prerogative-- just putting it out there for people who wish not to offend.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

cleos_mom
on 7/21/09 11:10 pm - phila., PA
I am from Phila and when we say chubby chasers it doesn't refer to homosexual men. It refers to anyone who is attracted to chubby people wether it be men to  chubby men female to 
chubby male or male to  chubby female, they are not fetishes it is just a prefernce as you say .
I have and still do prefer men that are a little chubby like a Teddy Bear.I have never preferred skinny men
Jupiter6
on 7/22/09 5:55 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I am also a local and quite active in Size Acceptance and gender politics-- just passing on what I've learned.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

BigCityGirl
on 7/22/09 1:46 am - San Diego, CA
Hmmm. . . . I guess I would be a TLA - A Tall Lean Admirer . . .
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
mwy
on 7/22/09 12:37 pm

Yeah, as in Fly Boy!   Rolly 3

Mary 

BigCityGirl
on 7/22/09 11:47 pm - San Diego, CA
Mizz Mary,  There you are!   Haven't heard from you in a while. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active