My mons is deformed after TT!

cinderella2
on 7/20/09 8:01 pm - CA
I am 3 months out from a TT and Breast lift. I am happy with my results. HOWEVER, my mons is now huge. This isn't swelling, its skin that probably should have been pulled up as part of my TT.  I don't blame the surgeon, I don't know how he could have forseen this would need to be done as well. So my tummy is nice and flat but now I have this huge, puffy looking mons. It looks awful, has anyone ever heard of this happening or am I just a freak?  If this has happened to you, did you have to have surgery to correct it?

Start of Pre-op diet 317- Surgery 274-Current 164-Goal 150

sanguinarythorn
on 7/20/09 10:00 pm - Newport News, VA
Before I had my surgery, I did research on this because this was a main point of concern for me. I read a lot about how common it is for the mons to become stretched and enlarged if the surgeon doesn't remove enough of it during the TT. I made sure to tell my surgeon how much this concerned me and I think he did a great job with mine... but I have heard that it is really common for others.

Is it just that the mons was pulled up so it looks bigger, or was it left alone so all the skin/fat that was there is still there?
MelissaF
on 7/21/09 1:48 am - Northwood, IA
Mine def sticks out more now too where before it was almost folding over on itself (nice thought eh? ick).

I think in order for it to get really flat they specifically have to do a mons procedure.  I was lifted a lot as my hair line goes almost above my incision line so I know he pulled it way up but it just is that.. pulled up but still "puffy" looking.  Oh well.

I am sorry you don't like that.. there is always a mons procedure which can fix that.  

Have you thought of doing it?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

ilyssajane
on 7/21/09 5:24 am - Forest Hills, NY
When I had my TT (2 years ago), I had my PS do a pubic lift, but it was still too puffy for me, so when I went back in for my "upper body lift" I had her do some lipo.  It looks better now and I don't have camel toe unless my pants are too tight (before I had it in A LOT of my pants)!  Trust me, you aren't a freak!!!!!  The lipo did really help, but of course, I am so critical of my own body, I want to go back and have a whole lower body lift, I feel l like my TT wasn't enough.  She did WONDERFUL work, it's all in my head!!!  You can talk to your PS about doing some light in-office lipo (if he/she offers it, mine does).

Best of luck!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

cleos_mom
on 7/21/09 11:37 am - phila., PA
my Mons sticks up, it looks like the Ken doll.
one of the girls that works for my PS had TT done & she says it can stay swollen for a year
Melissa M.
on 7/21/09 12:53 pm - Seabrook, TX
I just don't understand how a dr can do a TT and not address the pubic area correctly.  I mean they are already there so all they need to do is basically remove some skin and pull it up (I'm sure it's more involved but you know what I mean).  Every surgeon I consulted with said it was included with the TT or LBL.  I didn't go into depth about my mons area with my surgeons because the drs told me they would take care of it and make it look more normal.  I couldn't be more pleased.  They said they removed quite a bit of skin from there and pulled it up but not too high.  I'm amazed at how low my incision is too.  It looks so much smaller than before. Of course it's swollen but not overly so.

Anyhow, I would definitely address this concern with your surgeon.  I think he should have addressed it while he was in there. I'm not sure if this is something he can do in his office, but if you have to put under again then you are looking at additional OR and anesthesia fees.  I can understand your frustration.  I sure hope your surgeon is willing to fix this for free. 

Good luck and keep us posted,
Melissa
sanguinarythorn
on 7/21/09 9:28 pm - Newport News, VA
That's basically what my surgeon told me, was that he always does it as part of the procedure. If you look at the pictures of the skin they took off of me (password: "flattummy"), you can see that he took off the mons as part of the TT... it's not like he had to make an additional incision to go down and "fix" it. I guess every surgeon does it differently though...
tlc4me
on 8/3/09 3:07 pm - Bella Vista, AR
I, also, have recently read a doctor's explanation of how skin needs to be excised from the pubic hairline so that it will not be raised above a normal position during a TT.
Most Active