Ricare and Military Hospital

the1ruth2000
on 7/20/09 10:34 pm - sumter, SC
Has anyone had any good news from Tricare covering lower body lift?  I truly want my thighs done but can't find a military hospital that will do it.  I am new to tricare and not sure how to go about getting them to approve the lbl.  Any suggestions?
jonelle32514
on 7/20/09 10:51 pm - Pensacola, FL
I have tricare and was told they will only cover a panni, if certain requirements are met.  The best thing to do would be to call tricare and ask them about coverage of the lbl.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

BigCityGirl
on 7/20/09 11:59 pm - San Diego, CA
I have Tricare Prime and they cover a TT but not an LBL. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Diane B.
on 7/22/09 12:15 am - Seymour, CT
I have Tricare Standard, and was denied for a panni/tt.  I had pictures and documented rashes and yeast infections and was still denied.  Good luck.

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

jillianD
on 7/22/09 12:36 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
As far as I know Tricare won't pay for a lower body lift, I think the best you can do is get in for a panni and hope that you can talk the plastic surgeon into cutting you farther back along your hips.  Have you seen a plastic surgeon yet?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

jennadweeb
on 7/23/09 2:22 am
i am just starting the whole plastic things now. but i know at certain major medical facilities such as san diego, balboa hospital they have a plastic clinic. i have been refered there, now there will be an out of pocket expenses, but it would be much much lower than just going to any plastic suergon.
Most Active