Newbie from GA

BonBon1
on 7/20/09 9:14 pm - Somewhere, GA

Hi,  I'm a newbie who has been lurking around this site for months.  I'm 22 months PO and have lost 170 lbs.  I'm ready to start talking to plastic surgeons and would like to know if anybody can recommend a good dr. in the Gainesville or Atlanta area?  I'm planning on a tummy tuck with maybe an arm lift later if I can ever afford it.  I think my insurance will at least pay for the panni to be done so I need a dr. who accepts insurance.
  Thanks in advance.  You ladies rock!
                                                 Bonnie

dec721
on 7/20/09 10:27 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I've used Dr. Joseph M. Woods, IV for two plastic surgeries -- the first in 2003, a tummy tuck and breast reduction; and just a week and a half ago a brachioplasty and lower blepharoplasty.  He is fabulous!  He works mostly out of Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, phone 404-292-4223.  I recommend him most highly.      --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

BonBon1
on 7/21/09 3:30 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks, Dorothy!  I will put him on my list and give him a call soon.  This whole process is really scary(and exciting) and I want a dr. *****ally knows what he doing.  I'll be posting more as I go along.
                                                Bonnie
Don 1962
on 7/21/09 2:58 am
The GF would reccomend Dr. Philip Nakano.  His office is at 3096 Peachtree Industrial at Abbot's Bridge. (Ga 120) 770-495-9070.  Just happened to have one of his notepads on the end table beside me.  FYI - I asked about an LBL last time I was there with her and was quoted near $12K.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

BonBon1
on 7/21/09 3:35 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks for the info!  Dr. Nakano is already on my list as I attended a lecture he did at my support group not long ago.    The pictures of his work looked really good and I'm glad to hear a personal recommendation about him.   Good luck with the LBL if you go for it!
                                                       Bonnie
Most Active