Drains have to stay another week

scrappywings
on 7/20/09 4:49 pm - Riverside, CA
Just saw my ps today and he wants my 4 drains to stay in another week.  I had my surgery on the 8th and was hoping to get at least a couple out today, but no such luck.  The two on my right side are producing 15cc and 20cc  in a 24 hour period so I thought I might get them out today, but no such luck.  I think he thought he might as well leave them all in since one was still producing a lot - 55cc in 24/hours.  I totally understand and want the very best the first time around, but I'm just a little sad because I was soooo ready to have them out.  Anyway, better luck next week. 

Other than that he said everything looked perfect.  He even showed me my before picture because he is so proud of his handy work, which I found very sweet.  He did remove 9 pounds of skin/fat and the other surgeon repaired a 9 inch by 4 inch hernia so the before and after is very dramatic, even with all of the swelling.

Just thought I would give an update.
Mary
huskerfan85
on 7/21/09 3:19 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry you still have the drains, but at least you are healing well.  I know I felt so much better when I got my drains out and I only had two, I could not imagine having 4.  Good Luck and keep healing.
Gayle  6'2" 

Cindy F.
on 7/21/09 6:59 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
So glad your healing well.  That is great.

And just think it will be next week before you know it.  Really!!!  Hang in there. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
DS Facts
on 7/21/09 8:31 am
Aww sorry you didn't get the drains out Mary but I guess it better to have that fluid draining out of you. 9 lbs of skin removal is awesome and I am so glad your surgeon is very pleased with how everything looks.

Take care, rest up and keep us updated.

Bev
Most Active