Plastic Surgery and your spouse....A cautionary tale

Jessie-F
on 7/21/09 2:32 am
Thanks to everyone for being so supportive. I 'm glad to have this save haven which is OH.

The point I guess I was trying to make is this;

When your spouse really cares for you he would never jeopardize your health and happiness, this however has nothing to do with what HE finds attractive. For example: I love my husband's hair and goatee, if he came home one day bald and clean shaven I'd probably freak out. I would still love him the same, but couldn't wait 'till it grew back. My boobs won't grow back, I definitely will not get implants.
I had WLS for health reasons (HBP), it turns out that my condition is emotional, not related to my weight. So I lost the weight but still have HBP. I love being thinner, but had no problems being big. Always have heard the cat calls, and have been complimented. I love fashion and have been fashionable at any weight ( I hope).
I had the BR/TT because it seemed like the next logical thing to do, the next step in my WL journey, no health reason. My skin didn't rub against anything, no sores or infections. My breast had never been pretty, even before the weight gain or having my son.  I was going to do the BR regardless at any weight, he knew that. He thought that I was just going to lift them, not reduce. I didn't want to keep the E cup.
I was 150lbs when my husband and I started dating. I thought I was huge in comparison to him, he was a size 28 jeans!! Keep in mind that I'm only 4'8", so even at 134lbs, I'm not skin and bones. I think full bodies are beautiful, they look soft, very Renaissance. Health however, is more important.
I would never purposely gain weight to make him happy, I worked to hard to be where I'm at. I have faith that he will get over this, I asked him to go seek therapy, I'll join him. I love the new me, I don't want to feel insecure about myself now, I didn't even at 215lbs.
It's so funny because before I thought he was eyeing the skinny girls, now I'm vigilant when I see the curvier ones!

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

jackie j
on 7/21/09 4:01 am - Glenmoore, PA
Thanks Jessie.   That was so well put and well written.   Makes a girl think (and so she should).

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

ericas623
on 7/21/09 4:51 am - Roseville, MI
Hey Jessie,

You really made me think about this.  My husband is a chubby chaser, or was.  When I started this journey with my GB, I know he was concerned, but to be honest I didn't care what he thought.  I was doing this for me, for my health.  Well your post got me thinking.  I sat down with him and had to have a talk.  I needed his input on this.  He said he loves me for me, fat or skinny, it didn't matter.  I never took his feeling into consideration.  I mean, I know that was  wrong.  However, I was always the fat girl.  I wanted to be the skinny one.  I too, didn't really have any co-morbidities. 

I have to thank you for this post!  I didn't realize how much this affected my husband.  I agree with the other posters, hopefully you both can get into some counseling.  I am sure things will work out.  I am sure he feels the same as my hubby.  He loves you no matter what you look like.  Sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at everything.

Erica
Most Active