Newbie...What would you ask?

Kim27sd
on 7/19/09 12:01 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Hello Everyone!
I am just starting my research on having ps done hopefully at the beginning of 2010. I have my first consult with Dr. Howard on August 26 ( that was the earliest I could get in.)  Over time I am wanting to have legs, thighs, TT, and breast augmentation performed. I am wondering what kind of questions you asked when going into your consults? I have an idea on the basic questions but what about the questions that go a little deeper or the ones or any thing you expirenced after surgery that you wish you would have asked about? I am looking to have the TT and breast augmentation and MAYBE thats a big maybe the thighs all in the first surgery. Any information would be of great help.

Thanks,
KIM

K-T
on 7/19/09 12:13 pm - LA
Kim great question! I too am looking into plastic, but just in the summer of 2010. I also am interested in getting more then one thing done at a time, I still am looking into options but leaning towards lower body lift, arms, & breast lift/implants......or......full body lift???? Maby we could learn together .
Take Care,
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
Kim27sd
on 7/20/09 12:34 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Hey Katherine,
That would be great to learn together...two is always better than one! I know that I want to get a couple of things done at one time just unsure of what. I originally thought to get a tummy tuck and thighs done, but than I thought about it and it is going to be hard enough to get myself up  and down out of a chair/bed with my stomach let alone having to worry about my legs. So I am thinking more of doing breasts and tummy first. I want to see what the surgeons have to say first. Have you done any consults yet?

Kim

K-T
on 7/20/09 1:27 am - LA
No consults yet. I am still researching everything I possibly can & I have gotten a few suggestions as far as referrals to plastic surgeons from my Dr who did my RNY. I just want to make sure I have all questions & knowledge that I can before I sit down w/ any PS & he blows my mind & I have to study up all over again...lol...

I know I am out of my mind but I would like to get a surgeon who will do everything at once. I told DH that he would have to be my personal nurse & that I would be in some serious pain & he would have to do some things that he would not normally have to do & he said that he's up for anything, I laughed & said we'll see :) 

When is your first consult or have you seen someone b/f? How long have you been out from your wls?
Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
O. Kufi
on 7/20/09 2:07 pm
Hi Kim and Kat,

On some of the other PS boards one of the things that I read and concurr with is that you either provide the prospective surgeon actual measurements an/or pictures of what you would like to look like.

Also suggest you ask where the placement of your scars would be. Also if they use internal and external sutures and steri strips.

I would also ask about compression garments.

Just a few thoughts......enjoy your journey!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active