Anyone get TT w/Breast 1 year post-op RNY

Janet78
on 7/19/09 4:50 am
I am just starting my plastic surgery journey.  I had my 1st consult last week.  The surgeon suggested I would benefit most by getting a tt w/ breast lift.  I have a 2nd consult the first week of August w/ a second doctor.  Anyone have this done at the same time.  What can I expect....  time off work, pain ect.  I am 11 months post op now and have lost 105 lbs to date I can't see my self losing too much more but I am still loosing very slow.  I have just started the maintaining stage.  Is 1 year post-op too soon?  The PS seems fine with the timing just wants me to talk to my surgeon for my rny to be sure.  Anyone get PS 1 year out or should I wait?

trudie74
on 7/19/09 5:21 am - Round Rock, TX
I was 13 months out but had been maintaining for 6 months...so they said it was ok.  I would certainly suggest longer to be safe, but I didn't have that option financially and time off work.  They did my extended TT, breast aug with revision to an old breast reduction, and inner thigh lift all at the same time.  It was tough...11 hrs in the OR and a miserable recovery.  Individually each procedure was bearable, but together caused additional issues...mobility was one!  I think TT and breasts are not too bad together though...it was the thighs that sent me over the edge.  I consulted 6 surgeons and 2 of them didn't like doing breasts and tummy together, so it will depend on who you choose.  Totally doable though.  I would expect 3-4 weeks off work if you can swing it, but some have gone back as soon as 2 (ouch).

dmoore1162
on 7/19/09 7:08 am
If your plastic surgeon is ok with it, I won't wait.  I would suggest checking with your insurance company.  Some will pay for the TT (at least part of it), but have a time line.  Mine says significant time has elapsed to show maximum weight loss and stability - usually 18 months.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Melissa M.
on 7/19/09 7:28 am - Seabrook, TX
I had my breast lift with my lower body lift and it wasn't as bad as I expected.  I hardly had any pain with the breast lift so I would have them done together if I were you.  I wouldn't recommended anything else with it though.  I think anything more than that is asking for a much harder recovery from what I have seen through the years on this forum.  I'm sure it's nice having it all done at once in the long run, but not when you're going through it

I would plan on taking 3-4 weeks off as well.  Most people are feeling well, but you just tire more easily.

Good luck,
Melissa
Janet78
on 7/19/09 9:02 am
Thank you for your replies.  This really helps, I didn't want to wait too long because I have a daughter getting married in June and I know with the tummy tuck it takes awhile for the swelling to go down.  So I think I will go to another consult or two and make my decision.  Thanks again.
                                                                                                                            ~Janet

Most Active