Drains.... Breast Reduction.... Need Answers...

LngRedRose
on 7/19/09 11:33 pm

Leaving in a few for the ride to Baton Rouge (2 hours away) to have the drains removed.  How bad is the drain removal?  Please... be honest.  I have had two drains from other surgeries and they were HELL coming out.  This is the first day I have felt like getting on OH but now I wish I would have made myself do it yesterday!!!  URGH!

Ohhh and I kept feeling something sticking me... my husband looked... and I have about 100 staples that are holding me together.  CROCKY!!!  Those mugs have to come out soon too.  I am not looking forward to that either!!  I have never had staples... do they hurt as bad as sutures coming out?  As you can see... I am NOT a fan of pain!!

The surgery itself... has been almost pain free.  I say that with all sincerity!  I am shocked.  The drains and the staples are the source of my pain.

Thanks in advance....

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Jupiter6
on 7/20/09 12:08 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Didn't have breast drains with my BR--- but I find drain removal utterly painless- and it's so great to get them out!

Also-- none of my stitches need to be removed-- any external ones will dissolve.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

BigCityGirl
on 7/20/09 1:09 am - San Diego, CA
I had four drains with my LBL, none with my breast or arms.  They caused a very sharp pain  coming out but it only lasts for about a few seconds and then you feel fine - no residual pain.  I took a valium 30 minutes before drain removal. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jessie-F
on 7/20/09 3:26 am
Didn't have drains w/ the BR, but w/ the TT yes. I'm not gonna lie, it did hurt. One was so "stuck" that it ripped my skin coming out, but it was worth those few seconds of pain to not have them there anymore! I haven't had staples so not sure about that. GOOD LUCK.
Most Active