Bad Credit no PS What do you do?

Star27
on 7/19/09 3:01 pm - Houston, TX
 What has anyone done in case their insurance does not cover plastic surgery and your credit standing is not strong enough to obtain a loan?  Am I asking the impossible.  Can someone purchase insurance other than employer's?

THE GRACIOUS HAND OF GOD IS UPON ME.

dec721
on 7/19/09 9:20 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Self pay!  Live as frugally as possible, and sock away every spare penny.  Cancel the cable and all the things we think we can't live without.  Get a second job.  You can do it!  If you want it badly enough, you can save up the money for it in less than a year ... and you won't be throwing more money at an insurance company.  Best wishes!!!     --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

BigCityGirl
on 7/19/09 11:45 pm - San Diego, CA
My credit is fine but I paid for two out of three rounds of plastic surgery with money I earned from a second job.  Additionally, for my LBL, I took in two foreign students as boarders for  nine months - that brought in over $13,000.  It's tough but it can be done.  Good luck, it can be done.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jupiter6
on 7/20/09 12:09 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Take personal loans from people who trust you and pay them back without interest. ;) (It's more or less how I am swinging it.)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jupiter6
on 7/20/09 12:12 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

Most insurances don't cover much in the way of plastics--- truly, don't count on that.

I have the top tier BC BS PPO and lost 220 pounds--- and of the $25k I have paid out in plastics so far, insurance covered a whopping $3k.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Kristi H.
on 7/20/09 11:03 am - Killeen, TX
Unfortunately my husband went to Iraq for a year to pay for mine.
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/20/09 12:39 pm - Springfield, MA
Best wishes to you! Good Luck and don't give up.  Glad to read good advice in this site. 
Most Active