Question?

Lori S.
on 7/19/09 9:54 am - MI
I had my consult appointment yesterday with Dr. DiNick.  I forgot to ask him but... Does anyone know if you have a lapband if you need to get an unfill either partial or complete before surgery?   I'm hoping to get a tummy tuck and a breast reduction and lift.  I will ask him but was just wondering what others experiences have been.  Thanks Lori

Ansampson
on 7/20/09 4:37 am
Someone asked that same question not to long ago. I think the final answer was no as they will not be working in that part of the stomach. Good luck to you
Nicole P.
on 7/20/09 8:55 pm - NH
i just had my tummy tuck six weeks ago and wish that Ihad had it emptied for the surgery.  WIth the stress of the surgery my band tightened up and i was not able to eat anything and dry heaved for 2 days while in the hospital..thankfully they were able to knock me out with some heavy duty drugs.  I do have a very stubborn band though, when under stress, that time of the month or not hydrated enough..it tightens up.  I was fine after 2 days but boy were those 2 miserable! 

Getting it unfilled has no effect on the way they do the surgery at all.  My port though is now right next to my Belly button from them pulling my stomach together...it is such a neat experience to go through...I would do it all over in a heart beat..

Best of luck

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Paige E.
on 7/21/09 3:27 am - TX
You need to check with your band doctor.  Each doctor is different!  I asked this question a few weeks ago and had a lot of people tell me they did not get an unfill before surgery.  However, I had called my doctors office about something else and it came up in the conversation that I would be having sugery and she said my doctor would want to do an unfill!!!!!!!  

I'm having my first round (2 more to go) of PS tomorrow with a neck/face/brow lift so I went in this morning for my unfill.  She did leave in 1.5cc's and took out 3cc's.  She said I could go back next week and she would put back in another 1.5 then I could schedule an appt with my doc (he's on vacation right now) to put back in the rest under floro.

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Most Active