Drain free....as free as the wind blows.....

Diane B.
on 7/18/09 11:12 am - Seymour, CT
O.K. now I am really dating myself!  Dr. Sauceda removed all my stitches today, on day 11, as well as my 3 remaining drains (tummy, L & R thigh).  The tummy and L thigh were outputting about 20 cc's but the right was still about 50cc's.  The drain site was reddish, and a little painful, end even though it was still draining a lot, the redness and irritation showed him that the drain was doing more harm than good.  He removed it, and it is now draining on its own into a maxi pad, and already is less red an irritated.  No pus or sign of infection when he removed the drain and squeeezed it.  I feel so freakin awesome, not having those drains...I so know and feel the joy of every person who posts about drain removal!!!!!  All my wounds are tightly closed and scabbing nicely, except for one area on my groin (1/4") that is more of a skin issue from the tape that held the gauze.  He gave me some ointment with retinol to use on the scar lines and I fly home tomorrow. 

I can't wait to see my family, I miss them terribly.  My house is a very noisy, place...2 boys 7 & 12 who are always bickering, a husband a big dog and a cat, not to mention all the neighborhood kids that always seem to hang at my house at the pool,  but,   ***whispering softly so they can't hear me*** I have really enjoyed my time alone!  Sleeping in, napping, reading, enjoying the Mexican culture and most of all hearing my husband tell me how much he appreciates how hard it is to run the household and care for the kids.

Thanks, everyone, for all your support. 

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

trudie74
on 7/18/09 11:14 am - Round Rock, TX
You are doing really well!  A little time away makes the heart grow fonder (or so they say, but I'd never know personally)...hope getting home goes smoothly.

DiDi55
on 7/18/09 12:05 pm - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Glad everything went well and you are on your way home. 

I am so jealous, still on the loosing phase, so not quite my time yet. 

Would you do this all again?  I mean the multiple surgeries all at one time? 

Have a great trip home.  Di. 

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

sanguinarythorn
on 7/18/09 12:07 pm, edited 7/18/09 12:07 pm - Newport News, VA
< --- Jealous

I can't wait to get my drains out. They haven't gotten to the painful point yet, and I'm only 4 days out... but I'm so ready for them to be GONE! I long for the freedom!
dmoore1162
on 7/19/09 7:09 am
I know that feeling.  I felt so much better after my drains came out - night and day.
Delores Moore
it's never too late

valencianahaley
on 7/19/09 1:27 pm - weatherford, TX
Lucky you!!!!!!! I wish you a safe return home, and looks like Dr S take good care of you in Monterrey......
O. Kufi
on 7/20/09 2:21 pm
Hi Diane

I hope that you had a safe return trip and you are home resting as peacefully as possible and continueing to heal nicely.

Those drains are like little demon bulbs that you cant wait to have exercised and Dr Sauceda is the little angel you are so glad to have come and get rid of em.

Dr Sauceda you ROCK!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/20/09 2:47 pm - Springfield, MA
Glad to read you are doing so well; best wishes.
Most Active