Had my two week follow up today with the surgeon...

wendybear1
on 7/17/09 8:34 am - Brooklyn, NY
And the drain hole on the right leg erupted! It squirted fluid across the teensy exam room.  It's still draining heavily. I have an ABD pad on it.. the first one soaked through, but this one is doing better.

I have a small area on the same leg that may be getting infected, or it's necrotic, or just really irritated. He said keep an eye on it, and call him for instructions if it opens. Ewww. He's also giving me a different antibiotic, just in case.

In other news, though, he said he's really pleased with the swelling being less, and the way things look overall. I'm very happy so far. Well, other than the weeping drain hole (YUCK!).

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 7/17/09 11:41 am - Springfield, MA
I think is still early; I am sure things will get better as time pass.  Just keep the area as clean as possible and take the meds.  Good Luck to you
wendybear1
on 7/17/09 12:19 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks! It is early, so I'm trying to be paitent. I'm changing the ABD pad when it gets soaked through. Ugh.

The Bactrim hurts my tummy when I take it, too. But I'm going to take it to be on the safe side.

trudie74
on 7/17/09 11:39 pm - Round Rock, TX
So drains are still in?  Or they came out?  Don't worry either way...you are in the homestretch of recovery...another week or two and you will start to feel more normal.  Not totally normal, but not like a freak of nature.

wendybear1
on 7/18/09 4:56 am - Brooklyn, NY
Drains are out... I sprung a leak on the right knee where the drain tube came out of my leg. I think my body is finally processing more of the fluids, though. I have to potty a lot.

Most Active