Brachioplasty (Arm reduction) anyone??

PatMBo
on 7/18/09 7:05 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Thanks again SO much....if any of you would be willing to share the cost of your surgery, I'd appreciate it...there seems to be a wide variance in cost....the price I was quoted was just shy of $4,000.  Again, I appreciate your willingness to share the info! Have a GREAT "batwing free" weekend!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/19/09 7:06 am - OH
Unlike the others, I had quite a bit of pain with my brachioplasty... although after the first few weeks, most of it was from the portion of the incisions that ran through my armpits and down along the sides of my breasts.  In teh arms themsleves, most of the discomfort down the road was tightness from the swelling (which continued for several months, of  and on).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

PatMBo
on 7/19/09 8:15 am - Elizabethtown, KY
Lora,
Thanks for your honesty...it helps to hear both sides of things & I appreciate your reply! I hope  that with time the soreness subsided...how long ago did you have it done?  Do you happen to have any photos posted that you would be willing to share? Thanks again for your post!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/19/09 9:05 am - OH
I had it done last September.  Yes, the soreness subsided slowly but surely... it just took much longer than I expected and was more painful than I had expected based on other people's experiences I had read beforehand.

There are pics of my arms (before, right after surgery, and about 5 months post-op (where there's still some minor swelling) on my profile.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active